First 4 kickoff times announced: 8 PM / 7 PM / Noon / 7 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

First 4 kickoff times announced: 8 PM / 7 PM / Noon / 7 PM

Hotel booked for Storrs!

You have my deepest condolences. :p

j/k - enjoy the game!

Here’s hoping it’s a blowout by the 2nd quarter, so we can get ‘the underbelly’ some game time run all 2nd half.

I think we are going to find that night football games in the dome are going to be special. I expect us to do a better job leveraging the assets of the dome (entrance in the dark?) and I expect our record in night games to be stellar.

The crowds are bigger, louder and drunker for night games. ;)
more tailgate experiences too

Off the top of my head, I can't remember the last time we opened the season with a home Saturday night primetime game. Was it 1996 vs. North Carolina?
I feel like we opened at home on a Saturday night against Washington one year (Jake Locker hype) but maybe it was a Friday night opener.

*edit* it was a Friday night 8/31/07

I feel like we opened at home on a Saturday night against Washington one year (Jake Locker hype) but maybe it was a Friday night opener.

Yep we have had lots of Friday night openers, e.g. Washington, Wake Forest, Louisville and a handful of cupcakes but I can’t remember a Saturday night primetime opener anytime in the past 25 years.

Saturday, Sept. 3
Louisville at Syracuse, 8 p.m., ACCN

Saturday, Sept. 10
Syracuse at UConn, 7 p.m., CBSSN

Saturday, Sept. 17
Purdue at Syracuse, Noon, ESPN2

Friday, Sept. 23
Virginia at Syracuse, 7:30 p.m., ESPN

Saturday, Dec. 3
2022 Subway ACC Football Championship Game, TBD, ABC
Atlantic Division Champion vs. Coastal Division Champion
Charlotte, N.C., Bank of America Stadium

ACC Bowl Game Affiliations
Wasabi Fenway Bowl – Saturday, Dec. 17, 11:00 a.m., ESPN
Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl – Friday, Dec. 23, TBD, ESPN
TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl – Tuesday, Dec. 27, 3:15 or 6:45 p.m., ESPN
Military Bowl Presented by Peraton – Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2 p.m., ESPN
Pinstripe Bowl – Thursday, Dec. 29, 2 p.m., ESPN
Cheez-It Bowl – Thursday, Dec. 29, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
Duke’s Mayo Bowl – Friday, Dec. 30, Noon, ESPN
Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl – Friday, Dec. 30, 2022, 2 p.m., CBS
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl – Friday, Dec. 30, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
Capital One Orange Bowl – Friday, Dec. 30, 7:30 p.m. or 8 p.m., ESPN
College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl – Saturday, Dec. 31, 4 p.m. or 8 p.m., ESPN
College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Fiesta Bowl – Saturday, Dec. 31, 4 or 8 p.m., ESPN
Tampa Bay Bowl – Monday, Jan. 2, Noon, ESPN2
Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic – Monday, Jan. 2, 1 p.m., ESPN
College Football Playoff National Championship Presented by AT&T – Monday, Jan. 9, TBD, ESPN
San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl – TBD

A Saturday NIGHT GAME for the season opener!

When opponents come to the Dome on a Saturday night, we are a whole different animal. If the team can stay in the game early, the crowd can will them to win against damn near anybody.

And we'll need that advantage. I just watched a condensed version of last year's game, and they man-handled us in just about every aspect of the game. If we can beat Louisville to open the season, then this team can make a bowl game.

I think we are going to find that night football games in the dome are going to be special. I expect us to do a better job leveraging the assets of the dome (entrance in the dark?) and I expect our record in night games to be stellar.

"Drunker" being the operative word here.

At our "best", SU crowds can be menacing and even feel a little dangerous. And boy, can it get LOUD!

This is the best possible chance to win a tone-setting game for the season. They spanked us good last year. If we can win this, it will be huge.

Um uh. The game is in East Hartford.
My daughter used to play softball tournaments at the Pratt & Whitney fields within view of the stadium. Loved the First & Last Tavern in Hartford for pizza and other Italian fare.

In recent years they give the entire student body access to free tickets the first home game, add that to a night game and it could be raucous. Of course we didn’t show up last year against them. It’s such a big game to start the season .

I went over to the darkside on GRob (RIP) after that debacle.

05-->1 win
06-->4 wins (competitive in some of the losses)
07-->2 win disaster.

Sue Park says NOT SO FAST!

More chances for national appeal to. And right now, that means something.

im ok with this one, probably helps the out of towners not staying overnight
We were down in Lynchburg last weekend and I saw Cavalier merch seemingly everywhere. They definitely love their college football down there.

Yep we have had lots of Friday night openers, e.g. Washington, Wake Forest, Louisville and a handful of cupcakes but I can’t remember a Saturday night primetime opener anytime in the past 25 years.
Was the Buffalo opener in 2000 a night game?

We were down in Lynchburg last weekend and I saw Cavalier merch seemingly everywhere. They definitely love their college football down there.
And now they have their own beer. ;)

Well we have Cuse Juice

Well, maybe someday it'll come back officially branded.

Hudson Valley based Sloop Brewing’s flagship IPA is Juice Bomb.
Hazy, hoppy, citrusy.

Maybe SU could parter up with them?

Cuse Bomb.
They can add oranges to the brewing process somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom