First Down Chants | Syracusefan.com

First Down Chants

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Several folks have thought we need a first down chant. I'd love to hear some ideas. If you have a video include it. Thanks

Last edited:
YOU SUCK!!!! Well, not you, Mark. You're awesome. Maybe the band could play a little one or two bar ditty, and then we all yell, YOU SUCK!!!! Screw manners. It's our way of saying "We're back, and we're gonna be a$$holes about it."

How about everyone chants: "44 Forever" and you flash a first down hand with 4 fingers twice

YOU SUCK!!!! Well, not you, Mark. You're awesome. Maybe the band could play a little one or two bar ditty, and then we all yell, YOU SUCK!!!! Screw manners. It's our way of saying "We're back, and we're gonna be a$$holes about it."
The band can play the Kurt Angle theme song.

A guy in my section yells “S Y R A C U S E Go!”

That's what the band used to do. Used to play a shortened verse of Down the Field, and then that.

Not sure if they still do it, they might have scrapped it early in the Dino era because they barely got to the Y before the next snap was off.

A Syracuse crowd do a chant?

Hahahahahahahaha.

Good luck with that.

A Syracuse crowd do a chant?

Hahahahahahahaha.

Good luck with that.

Just need something to unite them. Maybe a chant that says we're not gonna chant?

8d9ad7b5-fe7c-401a-a42d-d4173b2e2bae_text.gif

There are guys in my section who chant “Move those chains! (3 times). I don’t know if that’s some old tradition or they made it up. But they’ve been doing it for 20 years.

LOL sounds similar to what NC State does

“Move the chains, move the chains, move move move”

I personally would enjoy a “C-U-S-E CUSE CUSE CUSE!”

Or an overhead announcement from Mr. Excitement that says “That’s a Syracuse!” and the crowd responds with “FIRST DOWN!” The message to say “First down” would ideally be on the video board as well since the sound is still currently iffy at best

Several folks have thought we need a first down chant. I'd love to hear some ideas. If you have a video include it. Thanks
TexanMark: I would like to cordially invite you to Section 309. We have been doing a chant on first down for about 10 years. I know for a fact that Chip absolutely loves this (Not)...I wont be able to make the Wagner game but do visit for the NC State game. I dont know of any videos though.

TexanMark: I would like to cordially invite you to Section 309. We have been doing a chant on first down for about 10 years. I know for a fact that Chip absolutely loves this (Not)...I wont be able to make the Wagner game but do visit for the NC State game. I dont know of any videos though.

Here lies the issue, you’ve made up a chant and in one section and no one knows about it….

If every section did that we would have a ton of individual chants going on

In my personal opinion, the first down chant should come from the Ottos Army and we all follow along with what they do.

With that being said, perhaps share the chant you guys do so that maybe the rest of the stadium catches on

It could be our first down chant

Here’s one…
“Kazoo… Kazam….” On second thought it’s probably not appropriate.

Here lies the issue, you’ve made up a chant and in one section and no one knows about it….

If every section did that we would have a ton of individual chants going on

In my personal opinion, the first down chant should come from the Ottos Army and we all follow along with what they do.

With that being said, perhaps share the chant you guys do so that maybe the rest of the stadium catches on

It could be our first down chant
More than happy to share...we just shout a count 1,2,3 and yell while making a first down gesture. Quick and simple. I have tried numerous times to stop, but I get too much grief so I continue on. Again, if you are at the NC State game come visit in 309, join in and then take it back to your section. We usually try to beat Mr Excitement to the punch...but getting the whole stadium in synch with him would be better.

More than happy to share...we just shout a count 1,2,3 and yell while making a first down gesture. Quick and simple. I have tried numerous times to stop, but I get too much grief so I continue on. Again, if you are at the NC State game come visit in 309, join in and then take it back to your section. We usually try to beat Mr Excitement to the punch...but getting the whole stadium in synch with him would be better.

Oh def wasn’t putting blame on you for the stadium not knowing

More on Cuse and their marketing for not paying attention to something organically happening

They always say they want things to happen organically but if they aren’t paying attention to help give it a nudge….it won’t take off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom