First Down Chants | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

First Down Chants

TexanMark: I would like to cordially invite you to Section 309. We have been doing a chant on first down for about 10 years. I know for a fact that Chip absolutely loves this (Not)...I wont be able to make the Wagner game but do visit for the NC State game. I dont know of any videos though.

53ce943d-ca00-48d2-850e-afcdb7788fd4_text.gif

I was just poking some harmless fun back in the day, it's all good.

I'll be at the ND game with White Claws in hand, haven't forgotten that embarrassing moment at the Pitt game last year.

We should just follow the announcer and scream “FIRST DOWNNN!”. It’s perfectly irritating to the opposing D.

I personally would enjoy a “C-U-S-E CUSE CUSE CUSE!”

Or an overhead announcement from Mr. Excitement that says “That’s a Syracuse!” and the crowd responds with “FIRST DOWN!” The message to say “First down” would ideally be on the video board as well since the sound is still currently iffy at best
I think for it to have a chance, we need to have the PA announcer and the scoreboard on board and cooperating with the plan.

I think a couple of ACC schools do the 'That's a <insert team name>' thing. Pretty sure we used to do it as well.

It isn't awesome but it gets the job done. Works for me if we can't come up with something better.

53ce943d-ca00-48d2-850e-afcdb7788fd4_text.gif

I was just poking some harmless fun back in the day, it's all good.

I'll be at the ND game with White Claws in hand, haven't forgotten that embarrassing moment at the Pitt game last year.
Chip that was hilarious last year...it is all good...I was wondering where you have been...See you soon...safe travels.

I think for it to have a chance, we need to have the PA announcer and the scoreboard on board and cooperating with the plan.

I think a couple of ACC schools do the 'That's a <insert team name>' thing. Pretty sure we used to do it as well.

It isn't awesome but it gets the job done. Works for me if we can't come up with something better.

Minnesota does that. Annoying, but the crowd responds.

How about at every first down the crowd does the train whistle arm motion and yells… “CHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

How about at every first down the crowd does the train whistle arm motion and yells… “CHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”
Dino would love this, lol.

I personally would enjoy a “C-U-S-E CUSE CUSE CUSE!”

Or an overhead announcement from Mr. Excitement that says “That’s a Syracuse!” and the crowd responds with “FIRST DOWN!” The message to say “First down” would ideally be on the video board as well since the sound is still currently iffy at best
Modeled after J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS? Do we really want to copy anything the Jets do?!

Announcer: Syracuse first down! It’s a ..

Crowd: Beauuutiful thing

Crunch do it for their goals and power plays. The fans follow along. Steal it

There are guys in my section who chant “Move those chains! (3 times). I don’t know if that’s some old tradition or they made it up. But they’ve been doing it for 20 years.
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS…. AND THEN A MANLY GRUNT TYPE THING……. Must be in 321…. Guy in my row started doing it about 20 years ago and I can’t stop myself from doing it…. I’m sure people on the board have heard me do it at away games

This ^^^^^^^^ Need to coordinate with the video board etc.

The origin of our chant (referring back to sutomcat's post on Page 1) - the PA announcer who came in during the 80s would say everything, with the drawn out "first down". Then, slowly but surely, the crowd started picking up on yelling the "first down" part. When we got our marching band in the late 90s (not a happy day for me :(), they added the bars from "The Good Old Song" at the end.

Technically off thread, but for a mob chant - when opposing team fails to convert a third down (borrowing from OX), band does a short intro and cheerleaders put up alternating signs saying: "Hey Ho" one one side and "Hell no" on the other. Do only 4x.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom