First Football Mock Draft I Saw... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

First Football Mock Draft I Saw...

Seeing how you said nothing I'm not sure where you are going with this.
Yeh, was reading and accidently hit respond apparently. My bad.

1. Do you really want him teaching Nassib how to deal with being unfairly disliked? And to go further, you admit Nassib has already dealt with this and (in my opinion) succeeded. Weird argument for a fanbase to make about a potential mentor.
(also, Eli refused to play for the Chargers...pretty sure he was asking for some criticism if he didn't pan out...and to his credit he did, but those first couple of years were dodgy at best)
2. Love the objectivity here, he has had SOME good WR's, but has MADE PLENTY - who has he MADE? Nix and Cruz? (and Nix was a first round draft pick, not exactly an unknown that Eli lifted up)
3. Again, this argument wasn't about whether or not Eli is a great QB or successful (he is great, and has been successful, just to avoid confusion from my end). It was my scoffing at the idea that he would be a good mentor for a young QB coming into the NFL, so consistency in an offense with changing pieces doesn't really help your argument. It is, however, an absurdly basic requisite for his job...players get injured, traded, retired...if you're argument for Eli as a great QB is he can keep playing when this stuff happens, you're a bit off the mark of impressive feats.

Again. my argument was that I don't see Eli as a mentor. It was my fault for adding in barbs as a fan of an opponent, so I apologize for muddying the waters. But the responses I got gave absolutely no reference to any leadership/mentoring qualities that have made me re-think my position...so that is where I am going with this.

Gotcha. I'm obviously a Giants fan and happy with Eli leading the Giants. As I said after I originally posted, I was a few into the night (as I am now after a crappy game) when I was quick to post the possibility - mostly because Ryan in a Blue jersey would be pretty cool as a SU and Giants fan.

While I think many QBs can learn from Eli's attitude ( Ryan may already has this attitude) , I do agree that Eli doesn't seem to be much of a teacher to the same position of the youngsters (though he really hasn't had a chance as of late), so you're probably right. I was just defending my pro quarterback.

I was happy to see the possibility of Ryan going in the second round, but for his benefit I hope to see him go somewhere he can grow and have a shot, which in reality isn't Big Blue.