First Touch down of the year | Syracusefan.com

First Touch down of the year

kcsu

Living Legend
Ok late in CO and a little bored so here goes. What time of what quarter in the Pstate game do we score our first TD of the Shafer Era? Who scores and name the type of play the score on.

I think that it will be first quarter 12 minute mark Drew to PTG screen pass from about 28 yards out.

Three Guesses?

1.The first TD will be a 36 yard completed pass to H-Back Ashton Broyld on a wheel route at the 12:06 1st Qtr mark

2. 4 yard rush from Jerome Smith at 14:32 in the 2nd, we''ll call it a dive

3. 97 yard KO return to open the game by Estime

Any TD is good with me, but here are my guesses:

1. Pick-6 by Lyn with 4:44 in the 1st quarter. Hackenberg being pressured by Davis and Raymon.
  2. 6 yard off-tackle by Rome with 4:44 left in the 1st.
  3. Corner fade to Flemming from Allen with 4:44 in the 1st. Flem finally gets to do his thing.
Regardless, I have a feeling we will be scoring at the 4:44 mark.

Two years ago, someone nailed the first TD of the season with an Aaron Weaver cross route for about 30 yards.

1. PTG on a screen for 7yds
2. Wales 13yd post
3. Jerome 1yd (after being stuffed at the goal line on his first attempt)

Ben Lewis TD catch.

It's either that or Ryan Norton picking up a fumbled FG snap and running it in.

If anyone ties me, you're cheating. Because Vegas doesn't even have these options on the board.

PTG with a 4 yarder slicing and dicing through the middle on a delayed draw.

Allen PA pass to a wide open West on the first play from scrimmage.

Two years ago, someone nailed the first TD of the season with an Aaron Weaver cross route for about 30 yards.
I was going to bring this up. Whoever it was better tell us how things will begin this season.

My guess.

Here's the setup. Syracuse wins coin toss and defers. On Penn State's first series a short run play and an incomplete pass leads to 3rd down. On 3rd and long there's a weak side CB blitz by Reddish. He drills the QB and forces a fumble. Bromley scoops the ball up and runs for a TD.

I was going to bring this up. Whoever it was better tell us how things will begin this season.

My guess.

Here's the setup. Syracuse wins coin toss and defers. On Penn State's first series a short run play and an incomplete pass leads to 3rd down. On 3rd and long there's a weak side CB blitz by Reddish. He drills the QB and forces a fumble. Bromley scoops the ball up and runs for a TD.

gotta love a fat man touchdown

14:44 in the first quarter. Ferguson badly underthrows a well covered Allen Robinson. Eskridge steps in front, picks it, and goes 44 yards for the td. Hackenberg will play the rest of the game and get Savaged.

Ok late in CO and a little bored so here goes. What time of what quarter in the Pstate game do we score our first TD of the Shafer Era? Who scores and name the type of play the score on.

I think that it will be first quarter 12 minute mark Drew to PTG screen pass from about 28 yards out.
Estime KO return.

Kirby Dar Dar takes it to the house on the kickoff...

I was there...Florida game... 1990 or 1991? I was in the 2nd row of the end zone that he received the kick...great view of the Gator cheerleaders right in front of me.
:)