Fishes and loaves | Syracusefan.com

Fishes and loaves

Shrmdougluvr

Give it all to me fool!
Can someone confirm the scholarship status of our roster? My understanding is that next year we are back to the full compliment of schollies - 13.

2017 (11):
Chukwu JR
Howard JR
Battle SO
Hughes SO
Moyer RFr
Brissett FR
Dolezaj FR
Washington FR
Sidibe FR
Thorpe GR
Thompson SO

2018 projected (10 Battle likely goes, Boeheim doesn't count):
Chukwu SR
Howard SR
Battle JR
Hughes RSo
Moyer RS0
Brissett SO
Dolezaj SO
Washington SO
Sidibe SO
Bazley FR
Carey FR
Boeheim FR

I think we are limited to 12 next year and back to full complement for 2019 - 20.
So room for one more next year if everyone comes back. Would think we would take a big if one surfaces otherwise pocket it or fill in with 5th year guy(s) if there are defections. Buddy gives us some flexibility. Assuming Battle leaves before his senior year we can bring in as many as four before then with the biggest need again being a big.

With no juniors next year (playing eligibility, not scholastically), however it looks like only 5 schollies total for the next two classes 2019 and 2020. Goodine is already verballed, so 4 open.

Of course Bazley one-and-done and OB could be gone after next year, and Dolemite was rumored to only want to be in USA for 1 or 2 so spots will open up.

So room for one more next year if everyone comes back. Would think we would take a big if one surfaces otherwise pocket it or fill in with 5th year guy(s) if there are defections. Buddy gives us some flexibility. Assuming Battle leaves before his senior year we can bring in as many as four before then with the biggest need again being a big.

NO MOAR FIFTH YEAR GUYS.

NO MOAR FIFTH YEAR GUYS.

So if Dolezaj decides in April that he wants to return to Europe, we should just practice without an additional player next year? Guess Andrew White and John Gillon contributed nothing last year.

Yeah, because last season would have been soooo much more awesome without AWIII and JG. :rolleyes:

Please pass along whatever you are smoking. ;)

I understand the sentiment. We would all like to have a team of four year / 4 - 5 star players like we did in the 80s. That is no longer reality. Fifth year transfers are at least an opportunity to offset late defections. And I'll take an Andrew White over a 3 star roster filler every day.

I would actually love for us to take a transfer after this year, so they are eligible for 2019 season. If PC is back, we aren't going to grab a big I feel like and we'll ride with BS and PC with the forwards helping out in the middle when needed

I would actually love for us to take a transfer after this year, so they are eligible for 2019 season. If PC is back, we aren't going to grab a big I feel like and we'll ride with BS and PC with the forwards helping out in the middle when needed
I think we need a big even with PC/BS returning. If BS's knee is chronic, we need another Center. Unfortunately, whoever we could get at this point is either a 5th year or project recruit. I'm not sure a 5th year worth anything would come to sit.

Fishes and loaves? Is that saying it requires a miracle to get a quality big with the "edge" JB talked about in the last presser? lol

OP, I dont think I saw anyone mention Buddy Boeheim in this thread. With him being a walk on due to JB qualifying him for the FT employee scholarship(not that JB couldnt afford it 100 times over even otherwise), that means that in effect you do have 13 scholarship players, being he doesnt take up one of them. If the Orange can finish strong, and be closers, we could be back at full strength and surprise a lot of people.

I get tired of reading,"We have not shot at him", so very often on here. A few years ago, some of the very same people were complaining that the rest of the nation didnt see us as elite. Now, just a few years later, it's "We have no shot". Is there no middle ground/belief in (pleasant)surprises on here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom