Five 50 point games | Syracusefan.com

Five 50 point games

defense was responsible for most of the points. call me a downer if you want but the o struggled for the most part particularly in the red zone and had to kick more than enough field goals. we need to get that fixed before nd.

Dino's analogy about catching the wave is exciting, and spot on. To think what this offense can do with those wr's we have, and the backfield we have next year, once they reach the top of that wave. Take it a step futher, and think of what they could with an improved defense. This offense with a top 50 defense, is a 9+ win team every year.

i dont think the offense has played well since the 1st quarter of the nc st game and still score 120 since then.

if we played ND like the nc st game started we have a solid shot.. if we throw 50% and half to hope for short fields and running scores that plays into the ND strength

Neal had a couple great runs. we had a shot at 2-3 more but couldnt hit the crease. the passing game was off again. Harris is really playing well against certain coverages, once he gets stronger against press he will be solid.

what hurt last night was most of the open guys were the 2nd-3rd read guys and ED saw them a bit late and the windows were closed. I mean how many times can your throw a slant and not come close to a catch.

I'm no statistician but all these 50-point games made me wonder about the team's average points per game over the past several years.

Conclude what you wish from this very limited data point.

table.xlsx.jpg

I definitely love the upward trend in points/game over the course of Dino's tenure.
The days of scoring 20-22 points per game and expecting any wins at all are long gone.

They're having ho hum 50 pt games. It's a what can happen when you stop doing everything the hard way
Apparently my phone is in Italian mode it's a what a can a happen

Random story. I have a cousin with down syndrome who is the best. We were trying to explain to my then four year old how she is different and that everything is fine so he wouldn't get nervous, so we asked him if he noticed any differences between us, he said that she is hard to understand because she speaks Italian (she doesn't but he thought she spoke a different language). My cousin's mom and sister laughed harder than i ever seen them laugh

Dude they ran for 325 and got 520 yards or so today
"dude"quote all the stats u want we struggled in the red zone, big time and needed fgs, and had interception as well. can not do that against the big boys. this was a horrible opponent in utter disarray, probably one of the worst i have seen in years.
while i am at with you i might as well say i take issue with leaving starters in the game so long and risking injuries. dungey should have taken his final bow after throwing that beautiful td. there were other as well.

"dude"quote all the stats u want we struggled in the red zone, big time and needed fgs, and had interception as well. can not do that against the big boys. this was a horrible opponent in utter disarray, probably one of the worst i have seen in years.
while i am at with you i might as well say i take issue with leaving starters in the game so long and risking injuries. dungey should have taken his final bow after throwing that beautiful td. there were other as well.
To some extent, we played to the level of our opponent.

I have a feeling Dungey won't pass up a sure TD toss to Elmore in favor of trying to get Custis a look next week, for example.

I'm no statistician but all these 50-point games made me wonder about the team's average points per game over the past several years.

View attachment 144058

I definitely love the upward trend in points/game over the course of Dino's tenure.
The days of scoring 20-22 points per game and expecting any wins at all are long gone.

Im dying that Shafer is spelled 3 different ways, and all of them are wrong. Hilarious. Screw that guy.

To some extent, we played to the level of our opponent.

I have a feeling Dungey won't pass up a sure TD toss to Elmore in favor of trying to get Custis a look next week, for example.
i don't believe that for a minute. babers is a much better coach than that. they are very aware that we cannot take anything for granted.

i don't believe that for a minute. babers is a much better coach than that. they are very aware that we cannot take anything for granted.
It's not a criticism of Babers.

Louisville is sloppy. It's hard to play super precise when your opponent is tripping all over themselves.

It feels like we’re just scratching the surface offensively. Neal and Howard back and we add Adams? With solid talent and experience overall on the OLine. DeVito stepping in throwing darts all over the field, and most of our WR’s back with Jackson eligible? Year 4 of the system, meaning everyone on the team has spent their whole college career playing in it and were pretty much all recruited for it?

I think we average 50+ ppg next year.

The times aren't a-hangin', they've changed. What a difference. 3 years ago, RC game would be six points. This year, RC game is 50+.

Dude u still worried about Rutgers

idgaf as long as we all agree we can't say dude during BC week

View attachment 144058

Wow I'm surprised the scoring average is so much higher than the previous 2 years under Dino. It seemed like we had better offense the previous 2 years. Guess that's what happens when we are able to get turnovers for a change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom