FLA game winner like Gmac vs Cincinnati | Syracusefan.com

FLA game winner like Gmac vs Cincinnati

But he didn't split the defense (since there was none)...

There was defense. The help defense hust wasnt there like in GMacs because the wisconsin player was covering another shooter so he was late with the help.

Nichols' celebratory collapse at the top of the screen is identical to Gillon's on Battle's buzzer beater at Clemson. I remember Cincy's half court heave looked dead-on, I held my breathe.

Overlooked in all this is Canyon Barry's block on that layup with about 30 seconds left.
Great hustle and timing.
Without that there likely wouldn't have been a buzzer beater.

And by the way...look at how the Florida players move when Chiozza calls the game-tying play.
Barry was wide open in the corner but Chiozza took it to the hoop for a layup.
They actually have real sets and plays.

WATCH: Florida's Canyon Barry comes up with clutch block against Wisconsin in OT

But he didn't split the defense (since there was none)...

I just could not believe that Wisconsin didn't trap him near half court. The guard with the Mohawk drifted like he was going to and then ran away. No one challenged him and forced a pass. Ridiculous. Oh well, I'm happy for the BIG. ;)

That was a hell of a last 10 minutes...some great plays on both sides. The last shot when you consider the degree of difficulty was amazing.

Wisconsin made the mistake a lot of teams make. They so much fear fouling that they back off completely and let the ballhandler run full speed in a straight line to the top of the key with no defender within 6 feet for an open look. You have to play some defense to slow the ball down and eat clock forcing a long shot well behind the arc. Trap the ball. Tough way to lose after a great come back by Wisconsin.

Both of those teams deserved to win. What a game! So eerie that a crazy off balance shot by Wisconsin put the game into OT and then a crazy off balance shot by Florida won the game. I had to do play by play texting with a Badger fan who was in Australia. My muscles must have been spasming during the game because when I woke up this morning I felt like I had been hit by a truck. And I didn't even wake up until 9:20.

Oh the poor Badgers. And this is how I feel when I'm not even emotionally invested in a team! (Or, am I?)

Both of those teams deserved to win. What a game! So eerie that a crazy off balance shot by Wisconsin put the game into OT and then a crazy off balance shot by Florida won the game. I had to do play by play texting with a Badger fan who was in Australia. My muscles must have been spasming during the game because when I woke up this morning I felt like I had been hit by a truck. And I didn't even wake up until 9:20.

Oh the poor Badgers. And this is how I feel when I'm not even emotionally invested in a team! (Or, am I?)

Its a tough way for either team to lose, but it really would have been devastating for Florida, blowing a huge lead in the last few minutes.

Coaches continue to be so stupid. Why didn't UF foul up 3 with 6.5 seconds to go and the kid caught the ball with his back to the basket in regulation?? Shouldn't have even gone into OT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom