Fla State just lost its starting Left Tackle | Syracusefan.com

Fla State just lost its starting Left Tackle

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
When coupled with the uncertainty at QB for the Seminoles and now a new guy protecting the QB's blind side, I'd say it's a blessing that we are getting them so early in the season. We should blitz the heck out of the left side of their offense early in the game, and see if we can get inside their heads.

Florida State lineman Ball no longer on roster

Are schedule this year is certainly the most favorable we’ve had since joining the acc . Im so happy we are getting them and clemson so early this year instead of November when were pretty banged up..

If Blackman is named the starter over Francois, that will be telling. I don't think Taggart is a good fit for the culture he inherited there, and that program looks to be a hot mess right now. Could not ask for a better chance to make a statement.

Will they be ranked to start the season? Would be nice to get that pelt/early chatter nationally.

Will they be ranked to start the season? Would be nice to get that pelt/early chatter nationally.
If they beat VTech in the opener...they'll be ranked. If we are both undefeated this game will be on ABC or ESPN. If not, I see ESPN2.

If Blackman is named the starter over Francois, that will be telling. I don't think Taggart is a good fit for the culture he inherited there, and that program looks to be a hot mess right now. Could not ask for a better chance to make a statement.

Agree completely.

The only problem is I think there is an extremely good chance they are 1-1 and not 2-0 when we play them week 3. If they blow the game opening weekend vs VT at home they should be focused against us when they come to the Dome. I really hope home field is enough to get them past the Hokies. Noone packs it in week 3 if they aren't 2-0 and looking ahead to their trips to Lville and Miami we will see them bring it and play their best football vs us.

I'm looking forward to a day when we don't have to hope that a team looks past us for us to win.

If we were saying that about Wake or BC, then we'd be in trouble. Baby Steps.

I just hope the right side of their line doesn’t change. The same hope is shared by our defensive ends.