FLJs analysis | Syracusefan.com

FLJs analysis

This was a horiffic matchup for us. Fsu was the number one scoring team in the conf and at times we really struggle to score which was evident last night. They were completely dominated on the glass and had no answers on the defensive end.

Its been a great season. However they need to really address some glaring issues this offseason.

This team needs scorers. You cant survive in the womens game if you dont have multiple legit scoring options. Its why this program was so successful during their 2016 run. They had 4-5 legit scoring options including some off the bench. On top of that you need a serious post player who can score. Sadly ours now plays for South Carolina (thanks Q). We have too many of the same type of inside players. Decent but they all basically do the same thing. There isnt a real “finisher” inside that you can rely on to get a bucket like a lot of schools have.

I hope that Jack can find (if we have room) one or two portal players who can fill in the gaps next season because with Fair gone i dont see how we will be able to put points on the board.

This was a horiffic matchup for us. Fsu was the number one scoring team in the conf and at times we really struggle to score which was evident last night. They were completely dominated on the glass and had no answers on the defensive end.

Its been a great season. However they need to really address some glaring issues this offseason.

This team needs scorers. You cant survive in the womens game if you dont have multiple legit scoring options. Its why this program was so successful during their 2016 run. They had 4-5 legit scoring options including some off the bench. On top of that you need a serious post player who can score. Sadly ours now plays for South Carolina (thanks Q). We have too many of the same type of inside players. Decent but they all basically do the same thing. There isnt a real “finisher” inside that you can rely on to get a bucket like a lot of schools have.

I hope that Jack can find (if we have room) one or two portal players who can fill in the gaps next season because with Fair gone i dont see how we will be able to put points on the board.
There are already four young ladies signed four the class of 2024. Not sure there is any more room at the inn.

Last edited:
Maddy Potts is already with the team. Started in December. Hasn't played at all, I don't think. Or maybe a couple of minutes.

Maddy Potts is already with the team. Started in December. Hasn't played at all, I don't think. Or maybe a couple of minutes.

Has not played yet.

They need a lot more quickness and athleticism. They are a bit slow. Latham is the only athlete on the front line. Besides Fair, the guards are not very athletic.

They need a lot more quickness and athleticism. They are a bit slow. Latham is the only athlete on the front line. Besides Fair, the guards are not very athletic.
We see the same thing! We need to be more ahtletic ...period! We also need more size and physicality in the front court.

yeah this really hit home watching some of the other conference tournaments. We need to get more athletic to take the next step.

yeah this really hit home watching some of the other conference tournaments. We need to get more athletic to take the next step.
Given the collapse in the last couple games & the lack of athleticism, its amazing they won as many games as they did.

Hopefully they just hit a wall & a week of rest will get them back to their best.

Thinking we played better in our NCAA games than we did at the end of ACC play. I noticed 2 things, we ran a bit more offense in tournament than the "Boeheim" screen 20 ft from basket that only works for player that likes contact. We didn't have player just dribbling around with others just watching. In the last 3 ACC losses we had 6 assists in each game but with better ball movement dbl figures in NCAAs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom