Flop City | Syracusefan.com

Flop City

It was at least as bad a call as the SU-Duke game.

This was way worse than last year or Duke. Triche had some momentum going and was out of control. He could've passed. Here Stokes barely put a shoulder into him.

I was impressed with TENN all tourney. Play-in game, lol. Riggghtt. They have some really good athletes and bball players. They have to be kicking themselves for not defending the 3pt line better in the 1H.

I was impressed with TENN all tourney. Play-in game, lol. Riggghtt. They have some really good athletes and bball players. They have to be kicking themselves for not defending the 3pt line better in the 1H.

Virginia remembers them.

This was way worse than last year or Duke. Triche had some momentum going and was out of control. He could've passed. Here Stokes barely put a shoulder into him.

Man, I don't agree with your assessment of the charge call against Triche.

I adamantly believe that not all contact necessitates a foul call. That's where college officiating has gotten off track.

I adamantly believe that not all contact necessitates a foul call. That's where college officiating has gotten off track.

Make a smarter play then and don't put it into the hands of the refs.

The ball got knocked away anyway. No call still goes to michigan

Make a better play then and don't put it into the hands of the refs.

Whatever happened to making the right call [or non-call] if you're a ref?

I'm tired of the subjectivity. Refs let sh/tloads of contact go in aggressively defended games, and then call touch fouls on the way to the basket where there's barely any contact. They reward flopping. They anticipate calls. They determine game outcomes in close games that deserve to be determined by the players. It's tiresome.

Whatever happened to making the right call [or non-call] if you're a ref?

I'm tired of the subjectivity. Refs let sh/tloads of contact go in aggressively defended games, and then call touch fouls on the way to the basket where there's barely any contact. They reward flopping. They anticipate calls. They determine game outcomes in close games that deserve to be determined by the players. It's tiresome.

I agree it's getting tiresome and too many bad calls are happening. I did not have a huge problem with the Triche call or the Duke call. What I'm certainly getting tired of is SU getting themselves into these predicaments. You have to dial up something better than that or make some kind of pass instead of these tunnel vision drives to the hoop.

Make a smarter play then and don't put it into the hands of the refs.
I hate this response so, so much.

Teams are so evenly matched that these games start coming down to the wire. If the players are giving there all maybe we should expect more from the refs. They routinely make bad game deciding calls. It's not an unfortunate incident anymore, its an everyday occurrence with these clowns.

Yeah, I LOVE Jay Bilas' call of that play for International TV. He just about lost his mind the call was so obviously wrong.

Wish he was doing the US broadcast too...(You can watch the Jay Bilas call on Youtube)

I hate this response so, so much.

Teams are so evenly matched that these games start coming down to the wire. If the players are giving there all maybe we should expect more from the refs. They routinely make bad game deciding calls. It's not an unfortunate incident anymore, its an everyday occurrence with these clowns.

OK, we get it. Officiating sucks quite often. Gotta make better plays as well. The decision making counts. Sort of a no brainer. No question officiating is becoming a problem.

Yeah, I LOVE Jay Bilas' call of that play for International TV. He just about lost his mind the call was so obviously wrong.

Wish he was doing the US broadcast too...(You can watch the Jay Bilas call on Youtube)
(link)

OK, we get it. Officiating sucks quite often. Gotta make better plays as well. The decision making counts. Sort of a no brainer. No question officiating is becoming a problem.

Not according to Cowtown.

In the end I'm not really sure it matters. Way to many games end with the conversation dominated by "can you believe that call?" As opposed to "can you believe that play?" The rules are poorly designed for human beings to be able to judge in real time. Which is a problem, because ultimately sports are an escape from reality - a reality that for many people is frustrating and seemingly unfair. Once sports become more about the officiating than the athletes, it ceases to be an escape and just becomes another frustrating part of life. I'm not sure any sport can thrive if it is perceived as being as legitimate and fair as WWE. Which is pretty much where I've hit with college basketball.

Last edited:
Just call the charge how it's suppose to be called. I'm sick of these officials making the game about themselves. People argue that the NBA is better, and this why. You never see this crap at the end of their games. It's the officials job to make the correct call. At the end of the year all the rules went back to how they were. I'm sick of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom