Florida | Syracusefan.com

Florida

jdubs30

Living Legend
They are now 5-0 since we beat them with wins vs. Arizona, Florida State and Texas A&M.

Beal has averaged 15ppg in that stretch after going from the field 2/9 vs. us.
Patric Young has averaged 14/7 after putting up 6/5 at the Dome.
The Gators also have averaged 83ppg in those 5.

This team has a very good chance to knock off UK and be top 5 at the end of the year. Why that victory for us has barely been talked about by the media is beyond me.

This team has a very good chance to knock off UK and be top 5 at the end of the year. Why that victory for us has barely been talked about by the media is beyond me.

First, talking about it would mean the constant denigrating of our schedule would have to pause for a moment. That's not likely to happen, the media seldom breaks from the meme.

Second, that game happened right at the peak of media coverage of Fine/JBs comments/etc. If you read the AP article it would have been more appropriately headlined "Boeheim Press Conference Held". There was maybe two sentences about the game itself. I think as a result the game never really registered in the general public or media as a big win.

By the end of the year, I think they will be the best team Syracuse plays this year regular season.

By the end of the year, I think they will be the best team Syracuse plays this year regular season.
I think Florida, with Erik Murphy in the lineup, is a legit Final Four contender.

Donovan likes to attack the zone like Pitino does - overload one side with shooters and force the wing man on the back line to leave someone open. Murphy would have fulfilled the Kyle Kuric role for the Gators. SU missed a great chance to prepare for Louisville when Murphy had to sit that game out.

You foolish fans! Don't you realize that the Gators were without the services of Erik Murphy ergo they were only a mere shadow of the team they should have been. In fact, if you had taken the time to research a little deeper you would have noticed that they also were without the services of Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Mike Miller, and Udonis Haslem. The team was very much depleted and any win on that particular night should be given no weight whatsoever. Besides, since there is a plethora of sports broadcasters from Syracuse it's only fair to speak of the Basketball teams victories in muted terms so as to avoid any allegations of bias on the part of the media. Perhaps you would be more well informed if you stuck to the following talking points. 1. Any Syracuse opponent played before the commencement of the Big East Season will always be referred to as a "Cupcake". 2. All Syracuse games, regardless of location played will never be considered a "True Road Game".

Actually thats what the fans on the NC ST board were saying after the game that there were more SU fans Then NC ST fans so must have been a home game.

Yeah Syracuse gets no respect in the media. Just look where we're ranked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom