Floyd Little Jersey Raffle to Benefit the SyraCRUZ Tailgate! | Syracusefan.com

Floyd Little Jersey Raffle to Benefit the SyraCRUZ Tailgate!

Mighty_LR

Walk On
In 2018, I had the pleasure of meeting Floyd Little and listening to him speak about the promise he'd made to Ernie Davis that he’d commit to Syracuse University, and how much that promise meant to him after Davis passed away. His commitment to ‘Cuse before, during, and after his time there left an indelible mark on our community, and it is my honor to uphold his legacy in whatever way that I can.

This past year, I hadn’t been as active a member of the Syracuse community while I was going through some very difficult life transitions. My beloved Orange family came through for me in monumental ways, and I honestly don’t think I would be here without them. This specifically includes everybody on this message board!!

I’d now like to do something to give back and continue paying it forward for future Orange generations. For those who don't know, I am a staunch advocate for ethical and transparent NIL initiatives. The SyraCRUZ Tailgate has been doing incredible work in this realm and I want to support them as they support our Orange athletes. I will be raffling off my signed Floyd Little jersey, which was only worn once for some photos in Denver and taken off right after the photos were taken. It comes with a certificate of authenticity AND a trading card!
However you enter, please include your name and preferred contact information in the notes section along with your payment!

The drawing will be held live at the SyraCRUZ Tailgate on Saturday 9/30 right before the Orange Central homecoming game against Clemson (TBD once game time has been announced). We will continue to accept entries right up until we select the winner. You do not have to be physically present to win!

Help support the SyraCRUZ Tailgate's NIL program as it continues to provide fair and equitable opportunities both on and off the field. Let's make sure the legacy and spirit of #44 lives on through our commitment to supporting student-athletes.

Nya:weh and Go Orange!

jersey1.png
jersey2.png
cards.png
cert.png

I have been working with Lorna on this initiative the past couple of weeks. It is an incredibly generous gesture on her part and a truly remarkable piece of sports memorabilia. We will have tickets on sale at the first four tailgates plus the Purdue roadie in addition to the digital channels and, if all goes well, we will have the jersey on display for the Army and Clemson tailgates.

And remember, every penny donated to the SyraCRUZ NIL fund goes to support Orange student athletes. With plans currently in place our program will impact 24 student athletes in six different sports with opportunities well in excess of $25,000.

You may all remember last year when I posted about Lorna needing our help, and boy did you all come through. Both of us were amazed, and that is why she feels she needs to pay it forward with our community. This was a great example of sticking together for our SyraCruz forum family. I also want to think everyone who helped out Lorna on the Go Fund Me page back then. Lorna is just a great person. So do this!!!
ps. Lorna I entered first thing through paypal and didn't give my contact info, but you should have it under my name and you know how to reach me.

We have taken in almost $400 so far for the raffle of this wonderful item. I would like to see us get to ten times that amount by the time we draw the winner. Please consider joining in! If you want to help and don't think you have a place to display the jersey, I'll commit to auction it off on your behalf and will start the bidding personally with $100 for you.

We are now well over $800 in proceeds but just 17 participants. I will pick up this treasure from Lorna tomorrow and display it at the road tailgate against Purdue and our home tailgate prior to the Army game before awarding at the Clemson tailgate on September 30. Please consider jumping on board. I would like to see this one pass $2000. A donation this special deserves that level of support.

And to sweeten the deal, I just purchased a frame for this treasure to protect it from the elements at our next two tailgates.
Ahhhh! Thank you as always for being the absolute best!!

Just went over $1500 in raffle ticket sales. Great response! Maybe I set that goal of $2000 too low! Just over a week to throw your name in the hat for this one. I'll have the jersey on display tomorrow and will be accepting payments at the tailgate as well as all the digital payment options mentioned above..

Over $1700 now after the weekend. Six days left to get to $2000. And every dollar will make its way to a Syracuse student athlete.

Mark:
Let’s get this week going strong. Put me down for another $44, my naked office wall beckons. Venmo on the way.

Mark:
Let’s get this week going strong. Put me down for another $44, my naked office wall beckons. Venmo on the way.
Got it, Mike. Thank you! We are now $216 short of our $2000 goal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom