FMT benefit for Military Appreciation Day | Syracusefan.com

FMT benefit for Military Appreciation Day

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Admins - Please pin if you feel appropriate.

The September 22 game against UConn has been designated Military Appreciation Day at Syracuse University. Our Fine Mess Tailgate has been a proud supporter of this initiative the last two years supporting the ticket drive for active duty servicemen and women and veterans. We have donated the proceeds of our weekly 50-50 raffle to the Tenth Mountain Division Association the last two years and last year we had Jim Swords from the Association join us and address the group about some of the good work the Association does in support of our military. Jim also drew the winning number for the raffle which raised $550 bringing our two year contribution to just under $1000. Gift is designated as being from syracusefan.com and the Fine Mess Tailgate.

Reed about the Association's activities here: Click on What We Do for more info.

For those of you who would like to contribute but will not be attending our tailgate that day, send me a PM and I will provide you with details to send a paypal payment or other arrangements.

This year's event is taking a big step forward thanks to the efforts of TexanMark but I won't steal his thunder! I'm sure he will be posting details here about some additional very special guests.

Based on the anticipated turnout for Saturday we have an opportunity for a record contribution to the Tenth Mountain Division Association. Gil Pearsall, the treasurer of the group will be with us and will draw the winning number. If you won’t be with us there is still time to help out with a contribution. Message me for PayPal details.

Last call for contributions before the tailgate. Please consider a small gift - even just a few dollars - to support this great cause. I'd love to push our donation to $1000 this year!

You can paypal your donation to dfl.consiglieres@gmail.com by end of day tomorrow to participate if you will not be at the Fine Mess Tailgate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom