Follow The #'s | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Follow The #'s

It's also hard, because we definitely want to be ourselves and while we should watch what we say, there is no way to please everyone.

Mods could simply delete every (or the vast majority) of negative posts, but then the place won't feel real and it will lose it's charm and wit, because anyone with a remotely negative thought won't be posting it.

As for game threads, I just think they should be locked away when the game is done, and a post-game thread created. Game threads (anywhere you go) are heated places that are pure emotion swings as the game swings one way or another as it hangs in the balance. Locking them away allows people to still go and look for them if something remarkable happens. But creating a new post game thread allows most people to continue to talk about the game in a more logical/sane way as it is already over/outcome decided, so a lot of the emotional craziness ends with it.
You’re probably right about the game threads. I don’t have a lot of experience with those. But I’ve seen enough to know passions run high.

I just think the “being ourselves” view is accurate. And who we should be is pretty simple, don’t say anything that you wouldn’t say right to a player’s parents’ face.

You’re probably right about the game threads. I don’t have a lot of experience with those. But I’ve seen enough to know passions run high.

I just think the “being ourselves” view is accurate. And who we should be is pretty simple, don’t say anything that you wouldn’t say right to a player’s parents’ face.

A great rule for life. Unfortunately, not how most people operate on the internet.

If you look at ANY TEAM in the college football playoff. They all have a game-changing player from South Florida that got them there. Just review the depth chart of any team from 2019 & go back the last 20 yrs. Even Kentucky inked 8 of their 24 signees a couple yrs. Ago from Broward County alone on National signing day.

Even Saban signs 1 game changer per year from South Florida.

Clemson even recently augmented their presence in South Florida.

I can name a few DLinemen who were better than Nick Bosa (Ohio State), Brian Burns Jr.(FSU), & even my son Bear (Syracuse) who were not ranked in 2016 & didn't sign with anyone (albeit they were qualified). I'm talking real bad @$$3$

Rankings mean nothing in South Florida; unfortunately it's political like EVERYTHING else.

My prayer is Coach Babers can personally meet the head coach at: St. Thomas Aquinas, Plantation American Heritage, Miami Central, Miramar, Miami Northwestern, & Booker T. Washington, because I KNOW THEY WILL HIT IT OFF.

***ESPECIALLY MIAMI CENTRAL because; they really wanted to meet him personally when he got the job @ Syracuse & a friend of mine ( "Magoo" who I've known since 1987) said if "Babers comes 2 Central tell him 2C me & I got him."

When We double our efforts in South Florida like Oklahoma, Georgia, Clemson, Bama, Louisville, & a slew of others are doing; we will dominate because those kids WILL RELATE TO COACH BABERS!

When you post, I get FIRED UP AND WANT TO GET AFTER IT.

Love it.

My argument against the whole idea of “our negative fans will scare recruits away” is that SU posters are so tame compared to other schools like Bama, UM, UGA, LSU, UF, etc.

We get disappointed and say things we probably don’t mean when we lose a recruit to a blue blood program but I implore you all to read the recruiting forums of those schools when they lose a recruit to a peer program. We’re carebears compared to the vitriol and toxicity on those forums and it doesn’t seem to impact their recruiting at all.

My argument against the whole idea of “our negative fans will scare recruits away” is that SU posters are so tame compared to other schools like Bama, UM, UGA, LSU, UF, etc.

We get disappointed and say things we probably don’t mean when we lose a recruit to a blue blood program but I implore you all to read the recruiting forums of those schools when they lose a recruit to a peer program. We’re carebears compared to the vitriol and toxicity on those forums and it doesn’t seem to impact their recruiting at all.
They have success to sell that outweighs some of the negativity. We dont

when you win the way those programs do, it outsells the negatives. If we routinely won 8-10 games a year it would matter a lot less what our forums said as everything would be a lot more positive in general.

It's also hard, because we definitely want to be ourselves and while we should watch what we say, there is no way to please everyone.

Mods could simply delete every (or the vast majority) of negative posts, but then the place won't feel real and it will lose it's charm and wit, because anyone with a remotely negative thought won't be posting it.

As for game threads, I just think they should be locked away when the game is done, and a post-game thread created. Game threads (anywhere you go) are heated places that are pure emotion swings as the game swings one way or another as it hangs in the balance. Locking them away allows people to still go and look for them if something remarkable happens. But creating a new post game thread allows most people to continue to talk about the game in a more logical/sane way as it is already over/outcome decided, so a lot of the emotional craziness ends with it.
I think you have to use a common sense approach. Two years ago I made comments about Dungey doing some silly things on the field early in the season that could hurt the team in the long run, however I didn’t bash him or make irrational comments like some do on here. I think it is okay to express your opinion but just don’t go overboard. Use common sense.

Last edited:

Great idea

The issue is NOT whether we took certain liberties with the Mahogany--we did. But you can't hold a whole fan base responsible for the behavior of a few sick perverted individuals! :cool:

isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

If you look at ANY TEAM in the college football playoff. They all have a game-changing player from South Florida that got them there. Just review the depth chart of any team from 2019 & go back the last 20 yrs. Even Kentucky inked 8 of their 24 signees a couple yrs. Ago from Broward County alone on National signing day.

Even Saban signs 1 game changer per year from South Florida.

Clemson even recently augmented their presence in South Florida.

I can name a few DLinemen who were better than Nick Bosa (Ohio State), Brian Burns Jr.(FSU), & even my son Bear (Syracuse) who were not ranked in 2016 & didn't sign with anyone (albeit they were qualified). I'm talking real bad @$$3$

Rankings mean nothing in South Florida; unfortunately it's political like EVERYTHING else.

My prayer is Coach Babers can personally meet the head coach at: St. Thomas Aquinas, Plantation American Heritage, Miami Central, Miramar, Miami Northwestern, & Booker T. Washington, because I KNOW THEY WILL HIT IT OFF.

***ESPECIALLY MIAMI CENTRAL because; they really wanted to meet him personally when he got the job @ Syracuse & a friend of mine ( "Magoo" who I've known since 1987) said if "Babers comes 2 Central tell him 2C me & I got him."

When We double our efforts in South Florida like Oklahoma, Georgia, Clemson, Bama, Louisville, & a slew of others are doing; we will dominate because those kids WILL RELATE TO COACH BABERS!

What’s the good word on Javonte Williams out of Belle Glades. I was excited to have him sign on. The whole football lore of chasing rabbits and the pros that area has produced is pretty cool.

What’s the good word on Javonte Williams out of Belle Glades. I was excited to have him sign on. The whole football lore of chasing rabbits and the pros that area has produced is pretty cool.

idk. I didn't ask my WR teammate from college (& played @ glades central ) who grew up with his MOM

well you should. wink :)

LOL

Don't worry he'll be back. My biggest concern is Amari Daniels signing with an ACC school, because he's NOT on our offer board. IMO he is the best tailback in the country. I don't give a fat baby's pamper what anyone says just look at his hudl acct.

LOL

Don't worry he'll be back. My biggest concern is Amari Daniels signing with an ACC school, because he's NOT on our offer board. IMO he is the best tailback in the country. I don't give a fat baby's pamper what anyone says just look at his hudl acct.

I like to throw my hat in the ring with everyone but we'd be punching way above our weight class with Daniels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom