Food for thought for next year | Syracusefan.com

Food for thought for next year

2-3zone

2nd String
Lets be real Tyler Ennis is a top 10 pick and WILL be going to the draft

What if Kaleb Joseph isn't ready to play?

JB has been quoted this year saying "most" freshman aren't ready to play so the chance of getting back to back PG's that are ready to play 40 minutes a game and lead a team are very slim

Next year could get ugly

JB has been quoted this year saying "most" freshman aren't ready to play so the chance of getting back to back PG's that are ready to play 40 minutes a game and lead a team are very slim

Next year could get ugly
Thanks for being so positive.

I'm guessing you're a glass half empty kinda guy.

not really, just going off this year were we are 26-4 and this board is in full panic mode

Could you imagine next year if we are something like 20-10 or 18-12 at this point

Next year could get ugly

I agree 100% that Ennis is gonzo. I am not so sure it will be a disaster with Joseph. We have Cooney and Mike G, both are credible ball handlers. We'll also have Patterson with a year under his belt. It is hard to put huge expectations on Joseph but I don't see the season being a disaster.

How is Ennis a top 10 pick. I still don't see it.

I don't either but the mock drafts all have him in the lottery or close to it. That is the basis for me thinking he is leaving.

Not sure how any pro Exec can look at his game and see NBA right now. being undersized and efficient in the NCAA doesnt mean you have NBA game to me..

I agree 100% that Ennis is gonzo. I am not so sure it will be a disaster with Joseph. We have Cooney and Mike G, both are credible ball handlers. We'll also have Patterson with a year under his belt. It is hard to put huge expectations on Joseph but I don't see the season being a disaster.
The word at National Grid is that Patterson is as good as gone. lol

That's my source & I'm sticking with it.

Actually, when I pressed the guy who stated that matter of factly he couldn't tell me who the source was or how he knew. It was just that everyone at National Grid knew this as fact.

Any NG people here?

Actually, when I pressed the guy who stated that matter of factly he couldn't tell me who the source was or how he knew. It was just that everyone at National Grid knew this as fact.

Any NG people here?

I don't understand this. I assume you are taking a shot at me, but I don't know what National Grid is or if you are serious. Sorry.

Next year could get ugly
Your posts are just, like, tha bomb

I don't understand this. I assume you are taking a shot at me, but I don't know what National Grid is or if you are serious. Sorry.
No not a shot at you at all, you're one of the good guys here. I just used your post because you mentioned Patterson & it reminded me of what my friend said the other day.

Sorry for any confusion.

I think (Marsh too) and we are sticking to our guns that Ennis and Grant are back. Ennis needs another year. He's pretty slight and just needs to get better. I don't think Ennis is an impact player at the next level...yet. Still, lots of bball left to be played this season.

I will be shocked if Ennis leaves. Grant has a much better chance of leaving than Ennis. But i'm in the boat that thinks they both stay.

If Ennis stayed, then there'd be 5 guards: Ennis, Cooney, G, Joseph, and Patterson. This would make it more plausible that Patterson would leave, but where to? Would like to see what he's capable of though. But would Patterson be ahead of Joseph on depth chart?

Next year could get ugly

We were really in the same boat this year. It seems to have worked out ok. My gut tells me that Tyler stays but if his end of the year recon says Top 10 pick he will likely go. If he does I dont see why Petterson would leave. He wold have a year under is belt in competing against KJ in playing time.

Any NG people here?
Makes sense. How is he ever going to get any PT? Cooney and MG ahead of him and Richardson arrives in 2015. The handwriting is on the wall.

Ennis will be back. He's a smart kid and surely realizes that, if he's a lottery pick this year he'll go higher next year as he gets stronger and continues to develop.

Grant, I think comes back too. I honestly think he loves what he's doing at SU and wants to be a top 5 pick. That will happen next year when he's a first team All American...

Next year could get ugly
History lesson. Look back on JB's last 38 years. Find years where we haven't been stung by graduation, people leaving. When has it got ugly?

If they both are back next year we will be loaded.

Should be preseason #1 in that scenario. So I'd guess we'd be ranked in the 2-5 range.

It's march... Just about the last time of the year I remotely think about next years team... Lol... With that said, ennis comes back