Food for thought for next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Food for thought for next year

If Tyler Ennis is a Top 10 pick then my opinion of the NBA just hit the shits.

If Tyler Ennis is a Top 10 pick then my opinion of the NBA just hit the shits.

Fab Melo wasn't 1st round draft worthy, but it's all based on future potential, not whether the kids are actually ready (which neither are, btw)... so if scouts see Grant/Ennis as having the it factor and would draft 'em early 1st round, then why bother staying in school? To possibly move up a few spots in the following year's draft?

Fab Melo wasn't 1st round draft worthy, but it's all based on future potential, not whether the kids are actually ready (which neither are, btw)... so if scouts see Grant/Ennis as having the it factor and would draft 'em early 1st round, then why bother staying in school? To possibly move up a few spots in the following year's draft?
I stand by my statement.

atta boy!

If we can't score now, how will that change next year w/ the same personnel (minus our best reliable scoring threat in CJ)? These kids have the potential, just need to find their shooting touch and mesh together as a unit. I'd rather the team be under-hyped 'n pull an '03 Carmelo run to the title, than be over-hyped, act all Kentucky'ish, and flop from expectation.

Ennis doesn't have the size, strength, or elite NBA pg speed. He'll be back.

Who's going to score from outside at the forward spot next year if Grant leaves (and he's not a good outside scorer)?

Roberson?
Johnson?
McCullough?

2-3zone said:
Lets be real Tyler Ennis is a top 10 pick and WILL be going to the draft What if Kaleb Joseph isn't ready to play? JB has been quoted this year saying "most" freshman aren't ready to play so the chance of getting back to back PG's that are ready to play 40 minutes a game and lead a team are very slim Next year could get ugly

Remember when we lost Pearl, Addison and Alexis?

Back before discussions like this could find a home on the internet.

Pearl had done so much at Syracuse that it was hard to imagine anyone ever replacing him. Greg Monroe was a junior on that team. I've always wondered what he would have done if the 3-point shot had existed for his entire college career.

All of the threads about NCAA seeding make a lot of sense right now but I just can't start worrying about next year's lineup yet.

Who is in a position to be drafted and where, has little to do with the draft boards now. When the ball has stopped bouncing and the workouts begin, there will be dramatic changes in the draft order. It happens every year. Guys drop like stones and other guys rise out of nowhere.

Not sure how any pro Exec can look at his game and see NBA right now. being undersized and efficient in the NCAA doesnt mean you have NBA game to me..

Let's drop the idea that he's undersized. The average NBA point guard is 6-1.

Ennis will be back. He's a smart kid and surely realizes that, if he's a lottery pick this year he'll go higher next year as he gets stronger and continues to develop.

It probably just as often works out the other way, where the guy comes back and doesnt go higher than he would have the year before

C'mon... really? We filled the Pearl 'n co. void w/ some no-names like Sherman Douglas, Derrick Coleman, Stevie Thompson, and eventually Billy Owens to pick up the pieces as undoubtedly the most talented teams SU ever assembled that could score on anyone. So I don't understand your reference on this. If you're equating KJ n McC to be on the level of Sherm n DC, you're crazy. I hope these incoming kids turn out to be solid players, but they aren't exactly Top 5 recruiting material to fix our scoring deficiencies from the get-go.

Pearl says that his sources in the program say Ennis plans on returning but L Moten says if a kid is top 10 pick he has to go. I would say that once you are top 10 u really can't improve enough to warent returning.

Lil Rick said:
C'mon... really? We filled the Pearl 'n co. void w/ some no-names like Sherman Douglas, Derrick Coleman, Stevie Thompson, and eventually Billy Owens to pick up the pieces as undoubtedly the most talented teams SU ever assembled that could score on anyone. So I don't understand your reference on this. If you're equating KJ n McC to be on the level of Sherm n DC, you're crazy. I hope these incoming kids turn out to be solid players, but they aren't exactly Top 5 recruiting material to fix our scoring deficiencies from the get-go.

Whoosh

If Ennis leaves but Grant stays, why would we even need a PG? Just chuck the ball at the basket and let McCullough, Grant and Rak go crazy on the offensive glass.

Let's drop the idea that he's undersized. The average NBA point guard is 6-1.
Yeah I have no idea where guys are getting that from... not every point guard is 6'6"

Yeah I have no idea where guys are getting that from... not every point guard is 6'6"
size just isnt just height.. he doesnt play big like MCW, nor play strong like Waiters, he isnt super quick. on the right team it may work, but he isnt going to dominate a game for a bad team and thats what most people want out of a top 10 pick.

I will be shocked if Ennis leaves. Grant has a much better chance of leaving than Ennis. But i'm in the boat that thinks they both stay.
Think both are much better suited in the long run if they stay one more year...but they don't usually think in those terms

size just isnt just height.. he doesnt play big like MCW, nor play strong like Waiters, he isnt super quick. on the right team it may work, but he isnt going to dominate a game for a bad team and thats what most people want out of a top 10 pick.
There is seriously no use in bringing up MCW because he obviously won't play big like him, because he's 6'6". He's a very safe selection and with the amount of busts in the NBA these days that's what you want. Rare to see a guy in basketball so level-headed and so intelligent with all the idiots you see out there.

Not that kid...he goes higher..

I just think it's impossible to say. Harrison Barnes went from a top 1 or 2 pick as a HS senior to #7 or 8 when he came out.
I'm not predicting one way or the other, but I think people in general don't often enough account for the fact that guys do see their stock drop when they come back for a year