Food for Thought - US News National University Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Food for Thought - US News National University Rankings

Miami was 50 and BC was around 44 when they joined the acc, and they have done nothing but go up in the rankings yearly.

So are they both counting those moves as successful? More money and being ranked in the top 40 vs. actually having relevant athletics programs.

On a completely unrelated note, have you ever wondered what food for thought would taste like? My guess is that it would be terrible.

If the B12 implodes because the PAC12 takes 4 teams to go to 16 to remain relevant in the arms race, aren't Baylor & TCU private schools that would become available? How do they rank compared to WVA & Lville?

On a completely unrelated note, have you ever wondered what food for thought would taste like? My guess is that it would be terrible.

Tastes like mushrooms.

If the B12 implodes because the PAC12 takes 4 teams to go to 16 to remain relevant in the arms race, aren't Baylor & TCU private schools that would become available? How do they rank compared to WVA & Lville?
17. Rice
46. Texas
51. Tulane
58. SMU
68. BYU
77. Baylor
83. Tulsa
92. TCU
101. Oklahoma
139. Oklahoma State
160. Louisville
165. WVU

I put together an overview of FBS conference academic rankings. It shows the current conference alignment as well as the future alignments (as of this morning). There are 23 conference changes that have been announced.

US News & World Report only lists rankings for the top 200 schools. National schools which ranked lower are not publicly ranked by USN&WR. I assigned these a rank of 250. USN&WR does not provide ranks for the service academies. Regional schools were not assigned a rank for this exercise.

The ACC and B1G clearly lead the way. The NNBE will be taking a big hit... it it's still around.

Attachments

• FBS%20Academic%20Rankings%20-%20Overview.pdf
    42.4 KB · Views: 150
In a word, No
Why did you use 3 words to say that you were going to answer with 1 word?
jackie-chan-What.png

outside the top 25, or more realistically, even the top 15, these rankings don't really matter because no one really cares if you went to #43 ranked school vs #78 because no one can tell the difference or knows the difference. as scooch mentioned earlier, you can only generalize these schools (outside the top 20 or 15) by bucketing them together

what benefit does it even bring to the school? is duke complaining the nc state is bringing down their #8 ranking because NC State is #100+? i get there might be a benefit of moving to a good athletic conference since more students will want to now go there and the selectivity goes up. on the other hand, the ivy leagues seem to be doing alright without national athletic powers, so is Chicago and the rest of the University Athletic Association (the conference Chicago is in btw)

I put together an overview of FBS conference academic rankings. It shows the current conference alignment as well as the future alignments (as of this morning).
Well that didn't take long... I've added the Tulane and East Carolina moves.
That's 25 changes coming in the next 2 years, with more expected as C-USA will likely backfill.

The complete spreadsheets can be accessed here.

When did the University of Chicago join the B1G?

I spent a year there. Great school. But no athletics to speak of.

The University of Chicago is, last I knew, in the UAA, where my beloved University of Rochester routinely kicks their @sses.

When did the University of Chicago join the B1G?

I spent a year there. Great school. But no athletics to speak of.

The University of Chicago is, last I knew, in the UAA, where my beloved University of Rochester routinely kicks their @sses.

UC joined the Big Ten (the Western Conference) as a charter member in 1896. They left 50 years later in 1946.

Go Jackets!

History of CIC

The Committee on Institutional Cooperation was established by the presidents of the Big Ten Conference members in 1958 as the athletic league's academic counterpart. An invitation extended to the University of Chicago, one of the founding members of the Big Ten who withdrew from the conference in 1946, was accepted.

Following its admittance to the Big Ten in 1990, the CIC invited the Pennsylvania State University to join the consortium. University of Nebraska-Lincoln joined the Big Ten in 2011, and the CIC extended an invitation that culminated in UN-L's admittance to the consortium on July 1, 2011.

By the way the CIC is the B1G Consortium that the MD and RU presidents were so geeked up about being involved with.

By the way the CIC is the B1G Consortium that the MD and RU presidents were so geeked up about being involved with.
Yup, that and the $$$ to dig their athletic departments out of very deep holes.