Football Coach Bob Diaco on UConn: 'It Had a Losing Culture' | Syracusefan.com

Football Coach Bob Diaco on UConn: 'It Had a Losing Culture'

I was sniffing around The Boneyard last night. Some posters over there seem pretty confident in a year one turnaround.

con1
kän/
informal
verb
verb: con; 3rd person present: cons; past tense: conned; past participle: conned; gerund or present participle: conning
persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception.
"I conned him into giving me your home number"

noun
noun: con; plural noun: cons

an instance of deceiving or tricking someone.
"when depositors, realizing that the whole thing is a con, demand repayment"

They should get used to recruiting mid major level players.

Losing culture with Coach P at the helm?? never. Have fun being irrelevant Bob.

I was sniffing around The Boneyard last night. Some posters over there seem pretty confident in a year one turnaround.

As a fan you'd have to convince yourself of that otherwise what's the point.

Remember how we tried to convince ourselves in the mid 2000s that we could have a quick turn around despite a lot of obvious things like current roster and conference affiliation were smacking us in the face? Well UConn are in a worse place than that right now.

f
upload_2014-5-23_11-48-54.jpeg

Bob Diaco was a decent defensive coordinator for ND. Decent, perhaps good, but not great.

He also was a pretty fair recruiter for ND.

He may turn out to be a pretty good, rising young head coach.

But, he has never been a head coach previously and that is a different animal altogether than being a coordinator.

I wish him well, but am not prepared to anoint him as the savior of UConn football.

They ended the year beating Rutgers and two teams with a combined 6 wins between them. Why wouldn't they be optimistic?

MaxwellCuse said:
I think you guys are way too harsh. I think UCONN is going to be a big winner in the AAC for decades to come.
I like what you did there!

I wish him well, but am not prepared to anoint him as the savior of UConn football.

"Savior of UConn football" = 7 wins and getting to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl.

The bar is not set high.

Their women's bball board on the Boneyard has about 50% more posts than their football board. That school/state could care less about football. Alas, the biggest reason they are still hangin' out in the ghetto with the Houston's and Tulanes of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom