Football Coach Bob Diaco on UConn: 'It Had a Losing Culture' | Syracusefan.com

Football Coach Bob Diaco on UConn: 'It Had a Losing Culture'

I was sniffing around The Boneyard last night. Some posters over there seem pretty confident in a year one turnaround.

con1
kän/
informal
verb
verb: con; 3rd person present: cons; past tense: conned; past participle: conned; gerund or present participle: conning
persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception.
"I conned him into giving me your home number"

noun
noun: con; plural noun: cons

an instance of deceiving or tricking someone.
"when depositors, realizing that the whole thing is a con, demand repayment"

They should get used to recruiting mid major level players.

Losing culture with Coach P at the helm?? never. Have fun being irrelevant Bob.

I was sniffing around The Boneyard last night. Some posters over there seem pretty confident in a year one turnaround.

As a fan you'd have to convince yourself of that otherwise what's the point.

Remember how we tried to convince ourselves in the mid 2000s that we could have a quick turn around despite a lot of obvious things like current roster and conference affiliation were smacking us in the face? Well UConn are in a worse place than that right now.

f
upload_2014-5-23_11-48-54.jpeg

Bob Diaco was a decent defensive coordinator for ND. Decent, perhaps good, but not great.

He also was a pretty fair recruiter for ND.

He may turn out to be a pretty good, rising young head coach.

But, he has never been a head coach previously and that is a different animal altogether than being a coordinator.

I wish him well, but am not prepared to anoint him as the savior of UConn football.

They ended the year beating Rutgers and two teams with a combined 6 wins between them. Why wouldn't they be optimistic?

MaxwellCuse said:
I think you guys are way too harsh. I think UCONN is going to be a big winner in the AAC for decades to come.
I like what you did there!

I wish him well, but am not prepared to anoint him as the savior of UConn football.

"Savior of UConn football" = 7 wins and getting to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl.

The bar is not set high.

Their women's bball board on the Boneyard has about 50% more posts than their football board. That school/state could care less about football. Alas, the biggest reason they are still hangin' out in the ghetto with the Houston's and Tulanes of the world.