Football School | Syracusefan.com

Football School

SU2NASA

All American
Look to no further proof that when just the head coach leaves after the season that most people didn't even realize that the basketball team played a game.

And the football board is infinitely better than the basketball board.

We should be both. Used to be a football school, now a basketball school.

Would love to see it even out and be amazing in both.

Hoops school. Nobody burned any couches yesterday despite the news. We were watching the bball game.

We should be both. Used to be a football school, now a basketball school.

Would love to see it even out and be amazing in both.

Yeah, I liked that 87 thing we did a lot.

Look to no further proof that when just the head coach leaves after the season that most people didn't even realize that the basketball team played a game.

lol. i watched the hoop game while monitoring the board from my iphone.

as far as people not realizing we had a game - it was south (yawn) florida...we did own their arena yesterday though.

The first two games were against Rutgers and USF...wait until we get into the REAL Big East schedule...Syracuse is a former football, current basketball, wanna be both (at least we hope) school...

Also, let's wait until we see the coaching hire list for football...will tell us whether Syracuse is a football school or not...if the prospects are dim, that will say something...if we were looking for basketball coach there would be no problem finding a high caliber coach...

lol. i watched the hoop game while monitoring the board from my iphone.

as far as people not realizing we had a game - it was south (yawn) florida...we did own their arena yesterday though.

And maybe some here were more consumed with the DM situation, but there was also an entire nation of NFL fans who learned the Bills hired Doug Marrone and all said, in unison, "Who the hell is that?"

And maybe some here were more consumed with the DM situation, but there was also an entire nation of NFL fans who learned the Bills hired Doug Marrone and all said, in unison, "Who the hell is that?"

Kind of like 4 years ago when Syracuse University hired someone named Doug Marrone? Dougie is probably getting used to that question by now...

I agree with SU2NASA. and all of you had better hope we are right, or a decade from now we'll be playing your precious basketball games in what remains of the A10.

We are a basketball school that has a nice little football program. The head football coach left in cowardly fashion. It warranted a bit of a reaction. If Boeheim left on the same day nobody would be talking football.

I agree with SU2NASA. and all of you had better hope we are right, or a decade from now we'll be playing your precious basketball games in what remains of the A10.

Still dont get how you can be a football or a basketball only.

Who the F cares what we are... Could careless about hoops always be football... Syracuse is mostly compromised of fairweather fans.. In ten years if football better well be football school...

Who the F cares what we are... Could careless about hoops always be football... Syracuse is mostly compromised of fairweather fans.. In ten years if football better well be football school...

Hmmm...ok...next you are traveling mention to someone who knows about sports and tell them you are Syracuse fan...most of the time they will refer to Syracuse as a basketball school...for this discussion, it doen't matter what we Syracuse fans think, it is how other fans perceive us...we are perceived to be a basketball school...

I hear ya and I know at this point we are.. Just frustrated cause want my beloved program to get a coach on place and keep moving forward like most of us on here do. Just hoops fans weren't there during the the nit trips etc and most Cuse fans are so damn fairweather.

I hear ya and I know at this point we are.. Just frustrated cause want my beloved program to get a coach on place and keep moving forward like most of us on here do. Just hoops fans weren't there during the the nit trips etc and most Cuse fans are so damn fairweather.

I was there and probably many on this board were around for the NIT times...Since at least the mid 80s or so I have been a fan...for me some years harder than others due to my jobs and where I lived...but now that I am retired, settled down and we are joining the ACC will be much easier to follow the basketball team...I never stopped rooting for and followed the football team, just grew with basketball...

I was there and probably many on this board were around for the NIT times...Since at least the mid 80s or so I have been a fan...for me some years harder than others due to my jobs and where I lived...but now that I am retired, settled down and we are joining the ACC will be much easier to follow the basketball team...I never stopped rooting for and followed the football team, just grew with basketball...

I went to almost every NIT game in the dome during that awful run. Sad times but we got through them.

If we're not a football school anymore, we better fake it until we make it. Or else we'll end up like UConn in the next round of conference expansion. All the basketball success in the world doesn't mean .

Yea mean people on this board are the diehards if we can't tell haha. Just hate seeing football team in flux when we are on the way up.

If we're not a football school anymore, we better fake it until we make it. Or else we'll end up like UConn in the next round of conference expansion. All the basketball success in the world doesn't mean .

To be considered one or the other you need to have sustained success...We have had sustained success for basketball for 3+ decades...only recently have we regained success in football, although that success has been not been much and not long...