Football School | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Football School

This argument is fun every 2 weeks...

Get the F over it, who gives a damn? Oh Lord

This argument is fun every 2 weeks...

Get the F over it, who gives a damn? Oh Lord

The title of the thread said what this was gonna be about...you didn't have to open and post here...So get the F over it!! ;)

Also, please see below:

Hmmm...ok...next you are traveling mention to someone who knows about sports and tell them you are Syracuse fan...most of the time they will refer to Syracuse as a basketball school...for this discussion, it doen't matter what we Syracuse fans think, it is how other fans perceive us...we are perceived to be a basketball school...

I have traveled a lot and moved a lot. When I talk Syracuse sports, hoops fans know our hoops and football fans know our football. Lacrosse fans know lacrosse, too. Basically, the other fan knows about Syracuse based on his favorite sport. Football fans know that historically Syracuse is a good football school (many have even commented on how bad GROB was).

The best thing about Syracuse football is that Syracuse plays the biggest teams. Their fans respect that and respect that fact that Syracuse overall hangs with them, winning some and losing some. The net result is that most football fans know Syracuse.

Obviously, this is anecdotal, but it is based on my personal experience.

I have traveled a lot and moved a lot. When I talk Syracuse sports, hoops fans know our hoops and football fans know our football. Lacrosse fans know lacrosse, too. Basically, the other fan knows about Syracuse based on his favorite sport. Football fans know that historically Syracuse is a good football school (many have even commented on how bad GROB was).

The best thing about Syracuse football is that Syracuse plays the biggest teams. Their fans respect that and respect that fact that Syracuse overall hangs with them, winning some and losing some. The net result is that most football fans know Syracuse.

Obviously, this is anecdotal, but it is based on my personal experience.

I can pretty much guarrantee that if you did a word association test and asked what is the first word that comes to mind (regarding sports) when you say Syracuse, they would say basketball or something basketball related. Your typical sports fan (not one sport only types) think of Syracuse as a basketball school before football...

I thought Syracuse was a lacrosse school?

I can pretty much guarrantee that if you did a word association test and asked what is the first word that comes to mind (regarding sports) when you say Syracuse, they would say basketball or something basketball related. Your typical sports fan (not one sport only types) think of Syracuse as a basketball school before football...

I would agree with you if you limit it to young people. However, I live and have lived in several football states and can assure you that anyone over 40 knows full well of Syracuse football history. Yes, hoops has been our bright shining spot, but many fans were jealous that we were good in both sports (I surprised them with lacrosse). We were in the elite group of two sport (football and hoops) schools long before Florida made the group.

It's an EFFIN hockey town get it right, crunch are in 1st place, and everyone loves a winner!