Football side getting scary | Syracusefan.com

Football side getting scary

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Holy pigskin, I just went over there while drinking my morning cup of Joe, and I caught PTSD! Many Clemson players are coming on, and the trash talk is fierce. Aspersions are being cast, my friends, and they often involve anatomy and how large or small something or other is. Yes, I know many fans live for the aggressive outlet: "You s.o.b., I'll grab you and sock you and pinch you and bite you and give you such a thrashing!"

I like to think that the basketball side is more civilized. Refined. Yes, the air over here is rarified. Poetry abounds. True, there are the occasional "F UConns," but for the most part, limericks and haiku are the order of the day. All is peaceful and serene.

WARNING: Do not go over to the football side unless you want your serenity shattered!

See y'all at the Fine Mess tailgate.

-Saint Beadle

The only Clemson fan talking a but of trash is Palmer, the rest have been pretty good. But for now we are pretty quiet on the bball side, peaceful over here, even got a thread about applesauce in here, that's how slow and quiet this side is.

But you and I know once the season starts that will change. Lol. ;)

Clemson better talk about football because they have nothing to talk about in basketball! Hell their basketball arenas is named after the rapper Lil John. What, OK, yeahhh:rolling::rolling:

Holy pigskin, I just went over there while drinking my morning cup of Joe, and I caught PTSD! Many Clemson players are coming on, and the trash talk is fierce. Aspersions are being cast, my friends, and they often involve anatomy and how large or small something or other is. Yes, I know many fans live for the aggressive outlet: "You s.o.b., I'll grab you and sock you and pinch you and bite you and give you such a thrashing!"

I like to think that the basketball side is more civilized. Refined. Yes, the air over here is rarified. Poetry abounds. True, there are the occasional "F UConns," but for the most part, limericks and haiku are the order of the day. All is peaceful and serene.

WARNING: Do not go over to the football side unless you want your serenity shattered!

See y'all at the Fine Mess tailgate.

-Saint Beadle

It's in season so there are heightened nerves. Obviously the basketball team wins more so that helps here. But in season this board is close to as bad. Maybe even worse for eating its own. Basketball players get trashed year after year more so than the football players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's in season so there are heightened nerves. Obviously the basketball team wins more so that helps here. But in season this board is close to as bad. Maybe even worse for eating its own. Basketball players get trashed year after year more so than the football players.

Bingo

Yeah. I tried to lighten the mood by taking some photoshop requests...but they werent having any of it.
th

lol. Beadle you're better than this! The basketball side mid season makes the football board look like a tupperware party.
Well, come on, guys, you know my tongue was planted pretty firmly in my cheek. But I do think that the trash talking for football is much more aggressive than basketball, and of course that matches the different kind of games they are.

It is true that I don't feel comfortable with trash talk, although sometimes it makes me laugh despite myself. I know most fans do get that competitive "zing!" and that can be a lot of fun.

This board is rife with agenda posters during the year.

Just wait until Cooney misses a shot or two...
Indeed. Enter the chat room at your own risk this year.

All I remember in early February was

James Theus compared favorably to MCW

JB was over the hill

Cooney couldn't start at LeMoyne

and my favorite this was the worst team JB has ever had.

That about summed it up