Football $$ | Syracusefan.com

Football $$

DPCuse

Starter
This fanbase complains to no end when we move games to NYC for $$ and when ticket prices are increased. Would season ticket holders be willing to pony up more money to keep Marrone? Do we really think it's possible to raise the funds for a practice facility and to pay the coaches? I wish it was possible but I just don't see it. And I think Marrone sees the same thing. Like it or not, this fanbase is partly to blame for the situation we are in.

I think the fan base has spoken loud and clear. Btw, there is a die-hard fan base and a casual fan base and the two should be considered separate entities. The die-hard fan base will b!tch and moan all the way to MetLife Stadium, but they will go and they will cheer on the Orange. The casual fan base will likewise b!tch and moan, but they won't show up to too many games in the Dome unless their is some "hook" to get them there and if it doesn't interfere with kids sports games or apple picking or leaf raking and if the game only starts after 3:30 and before 8:00.

PARTLY to blame? In this instance they are entirely to blame.

Season ticket holders were bitching last year that they were only getting 5 games for their $99.

Season ticket holders were bitching last year that they were only getting 5 games for their $99.
CNYers bitch about pretty much everything. They always complain about the long winters, yet if the climate were to change so that it is like SC here, people will bitch that it doesn't snow enough anymore.

Another assinine thread blaming fans.

The Carrier Dome is nearly a 50K seat stadium. Over the span of 365 days it hosts about 30 premium events 25 of which are Syracuse football/basketball games. Seems to me like the real problem is a lack of leadership and innovative thinker to develop events during the course of the year to help increase revenue. But no please blame the common CNY casual fan who has no tie to the school but is blamed for not giving up their hard earned pay to a private organization that otherwise does not care about the average joe.

I think it would have gone a long way to fill the dome the last couple of years. I can see the skepticism in year 1 and 2 of the Marrone tenure. But after the first Pinstripe Bowl win season, we should have averaged 45K win or lose. I think that had a signficant negative impact on Marrone and what he thought of this town and his ability to build a winner. Not to mention the people who were calling for his head. He took on a pretty decent risk leaving a quality NFL job to take on a floundering D1 football program with the deck stacked against it. We could have done a much better job of supporting him even if there were mistakes made along the way.

The Carrier Dome is nearly a 50K seat stadium. Over the span of 365 days it hosts about 30 premium events 25 of which are Syracuse football/basketball games. Seems to me like the real problem is a lack of leadership and innovative thinker to develop events during the course of the year to help increase revenue. But no please blame the common CNY casual fan who has no tie to the school but is blamed for not giving up their hard earned pay to a private organization that otherwise does not care about the average joe.

Speaking of assinine. Are we to believe that the only reason big time teams like ND, PSU, Florida, Auburn, etc fill their stadium is because they have other events planned there? They don't have "common folks" that tailgate all day and shell out their own dollars to go to the games? Please. Spare me.

PARTLY to blame? In this instance they are entirely to blame.
funny, I thought losing home games, losing 5 in a row to finish the season, were at least partially at fault for losing fan's interest. If it's all of our fault, maybe we should be paid.

If the Average Joe who has no ties to SU won't give up his hard earned pay, do you think the solution is for SU to develop more events that the Average Joe won't give up his hard earned pay for? :crazy:

If the Average Joe who has no ties to SU won't give up his hard earned pay, do you think the solution is for SU to develop more events that the Average Joe won't give up his hard earned pay for? :crazy:

Obviously not but this thread again is off base and blaming the wrong people. The average joe who reads this board and this post allready is a diehard SU fan and goes to games. How is it our responsibility to raise funds for the coaching staff and upgrades/renovations of our facilities. Most people I know dont have the $99 food stamp tickets and we paid pretty good money for a 5 game home schedule that included a 1AA game and a stretch where we had one home game in like 6 weeks. The OP's premise is somehow putting the need for additional money on the season ticket holders who are allready pumping in hundreds if not thousands of dollars a year. Now its suddenly my fault SU cant or wont fund the improvements Marrone wants and needs?

Obviously not but this thread again is off base and blaming the wrong people. The average joe who reads this board and this post allready is a diehard SU fan and goes to games. How is it our responsibility to raise funds for the coaching staff and upgrades/renovations of our facilities. Most people I know dont have the $99 food stamp tickets and we paid pretty good money for a 5 game home schedule that included a 1AA game and a stretch where we had one home game in like 6 weeks. The OP's premise is somehow putting the need for additional money on the season ticket holders who are allready pumping in hundreds if not thousands of dollars a year. Now its suddenly my fault SU cant or wont fund the improvements Marrone wants and needs?

If you returned all the empty cans and bottles from the tailgate, and donated the money to SU, we'd have more than enough money for the upgrades. :D

If you returned all the empty cans and bottles from the tailgate, and donated the money to SU, we'd have more than enough money for the upgrades. :D

LOL so true, god knows what lifestyle that bottle guy is living thanks to us. He is having the last laugh on us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom