Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday - For Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday For Basketball

Cd6zp-_XEAEJoGq.jpg

"We know they like to play zone," Middle Tennessee State forward Aldonis Foote said. "And you know we don't miss a lot of shots. We've just got to come out with a positive mindset. We're going to use it as motivation. Michigan State was ranked high through the regular season. We feel Michigan State was way more consistent than Syracuse anyway. We're going to come out play our game and make another upset. We're going to act like we did it and like we're going to do it again

Damn that kid is cocky

"We know they like to play zone," Middle Tennessee State forward Aldonis Foote said. "And you know we don't miss a lot of shots. We've just got to come out with a positive mindset. We're going to use it as motivation. Michigan State was ranked high through the regular season. We feel Michigan State was way more consistent than Syracuse anyway. We're going to come out play our game and make another upset. We're going to act like we did it and like we're going to do it again

Damn that kid is cocky

You always need to feel and play like you are the best player/team on the floor.

Mike Waters ‏@MikeWatersSYR
NCAA press conferences with Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim and SU players will begin at 2:35 (EST). I'll live-tweet out of @syrbasketball

Michael Gbinije on MTSU: They've got capable scorers. Gbinije said he knows MTSU point guard Jaqawn Raymond, an NC State transfer

On Boeheim's suspension, Gbinije says "As soon as coach (returned), we got after it in practice. Coach gives that fire and edge to us.''

Cooney: "In NCAA tournament, you've got to come ready to play.''

Cooney: "Felt like new life getting into the tournament. Everybody's got the same record.''

Gbinije on MTSU: "Preparation began as soon as they won.''

On how they connect with Boeheim, Gbinije says, "He connects with us from a competitive standpoint.''

On Roberson, Gbinije says, "He's added a dimension to his offense. He can hit the mid-range shot.''

Cooney on critics who said they didn't belong in NCAAs: "We didn't listen to those people. We knew we belonged in the tournament.''

The Syracuse players' presser comes to an end. Jim Boeheim will be in at 2:55 (EST).

Last edited:
Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball
Jim Boeheim has entered the press conference room.

Boeheim felt the key to win over Dayton was rebounding. "It was a really good win. We're thrilled to move on.''

Boeheim said he had assistant breaking down MTSU this past week. Seen about 10 games on tape. As familiar with MTSU as any team.

Boeheim on MTSU win over Michigan State: "As well-played a game as I've seen in the tournament. In that particular game, the best team won.'

Boeheim on Roberson: "He's very important. He knows that. That's why I was so disappointed in him earlier in year.''

Boeheim on Roberson: "I love the kid but we need him to play at that level.''

Boeheim said he put Adrian Autry on MTSU and GMac on Mich. State. Then he didn't think about the game the rest of week.

Boeheim said he'd talked to a pro scout: "He told me this was a very good team.'' On MTSU.

Boeheim notes that Michigan State made several runs at MTSU. "They answered every time. And it was a different guy each time.''

Boeheim says Malachi Richardson can shoot the ball "as good as his mother. Now, if he was as tough as his mother ...''

Boeheim on SU playing its 100th NCAA tourney game: "The tournament in the beginning was a different animal.''

Boeheim said when he played that nobody in Syracuse cared until they got to the regional finals.

Boeheim says that now the NCAA tournament is the whole season.

Boeheim on losing to 15 seed in '91: "We hadn't been playing great at end of year. We didn't play well. It's not a good feeling.''

Boeheim: "Tom (Izzo) is a good friend of mine. Proud to say that. MTSU just played great. Not much you can say.''

On MTSU's offense: "A lot of teams played zone against them. For good reason. They're really hard to guard.''

Boeheim on MTSU's multiple scorers. He's right. MTSU has four players that average in double-figures this season.

Boeheim on early departures. "Our problem was we took a couple guys that got too good too fast.''

And the Jim Boeheim press conference has come to an end.

Last edited: