Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
card00070_fr.jpg

Welcome to National Chocolate Chip Day!

It all started at a little place you may recognize the name of, the Toll House Inn. Located in Whitman, Massachusetts, it just happens to be the home of that most favorite of cookies, the chocolate chip cookie. Ruth Graves Wakefield had originally planned on making a chocolate cookie, and decided to do so by throwing in chunks of a chocolate bar into it. In a happy accident, it turned out that the chocolate did not melt and mix with the rest of the cookie, but maintained its shape, filling the cookie with delicious little chocolate bits.

Thus was born the chocolate chip cookie, and the Toll House Cookie Company! From that day forward there have been new forms of chocolate chip added, white chocolate chip, mint chocolate, milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, even dark chocolate! All of these varieties being added to delicious new recipes to create fantastic new treats for you to enjoy!

SU News

CxG4y08VEAEzruK.jpg

ACC Basketball: The 2017-18 POY race will define the season
(bustingbrackets.com; Woodcock)

The Atlantic Coast Conference has two cornerstones on which the 2018 season will be built, Joel Berry and Grayson Allen.

The Atlantic Coast Conference just went through one of its better years on the court. It witnessed the conference produce a level of basketball that almost put eleven teams in the NCAA Tournament. There were analysts including ESPN’s Jay Bilas that thought Syracuse should have been in the field instead of some other teams.

Other

22691158-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse Chiefs broadcaster Kevin Brown gets call to the majors (PS; Kramer)

Another Newhouse grad makes good...

Syracuse Chiefs broadcaster Kevin Brown will make his major-league debut on the Washington Nationals' Radio Network this week.

Brown will fill in for Nationals broadcaster Charlie Slowes during the Nationals' first two games of the team's series at the Pittsburgh Pirates on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Brown will join 12-year Nationals voice Dave Jageler, a Syracuse University graduate who began his career broadcasting Chiefs baseball on Time Warner Cable and Empire Sports Network. Brown said Jageler could have called the games by himself but instead invited him to come up.

"Honestly, I've wanted to do major league baseball games as long as I've wanted to do any type of sports broadcasting,'' Brown said Sunday afternoon. "I'm not overly nervous right now. I'm not sure how I'll feel once I sit at the microphone. I'm sure there could be some anxiety. It's a little bit mesmerizing to think of the greater scope of it all.''

Brown is in his seventh season with Syracuse and third full season as "Voice of the Chiefs". During last offseason, he worked as a play-by-play broadcaster for ESPN, covering college football, basketball, hockey and lacrosse, as well as a weekly high-school football game.

Saturday, Brown was on the call of Denver and Air Force's first-round matchup in the NCAA lacrosse tournament.

Third-year Chiefs broadcaster Eric Gallanty will have the call when the Chiefs visit Buffalo this week, beginning a four-game series Monday at 6:05 p.m.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom