Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Churchs-Chicken-Celebrates-National-Fried-Chicken-Day.jpg

Welcome to National Fried Chicken Day!

Whether it’s for a fried chicken sandwich, crispy fried chicken or whatever your favorite chicken dish happens to be, July is the time to take advantage of the best fried chicken deals.

• Bob Evans: Homestyle fried chicken tenders come with your choice of salad or soup plus dessert for just $2 more.
  • Boston Market: Print this coupon, and then head in store to get an Oven Crisp Chicken Strips Sandwich or Wrap for $5.
  • Burget King: Get 10 chicken nuggets for $1.49, no coupon code required.
  • Carrabba’s Italian Grill: You’ll get a free gift when you order chicken Bryan, chicken marsala or pollo Rosa Maria.
  • Church’s Chicken: Print this coupon or use code 1730 to get a 10-piece legs and thighs combo, plus four biscuits and two large sides for $12.99.
  • Del Taco: Get three grilled chicken tacos for $2.99 every Thursday from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
  • Domino’s Pizza: Use coupon code 5851 to get a large, two-topping pizza plus 14 pieces of chicken for $19.99.
  • Kentucky Fried Chicken: You don’t need a coupon to get a Chicken Share at KFC, which includes chicken tenders, chicken pieces, popcorn chicken and hot wings for $10.
  • Marco’s Pizza: Use this coupon to get any chicken specialty pizza for $13.99.
  • Outback Steakhouse: Get a six-ounce, center-cut sirloin or grilled chicken on the barbie for $9.99 on Walkabout Wednesdays at Outback. The deal also includes Aussie Fries and a small draft beer or Coke.
  • Papa Johns: Get 25 percent off regular menu priced orders, including Papa’s Wings and Poppers and pizzas with chicken, using the code 25OFF.
  • Pick Up Stix: Use coupon code 414-752-574 to get a free chicken entree when you buy an entree and a drink.
  • Pizza Hut: Get a Giddy-Up BBQ Chicken or Cherry Pepper Bombshell pizza for $16 with coupon code GB16. You can also get a box of eight bone-out wings for $6 using code 2221.
  • Popeyes: Popeyes offers local coupons for specials like sweet and crunchy tenders with smokin’ pepper jam sauce. Enter your zip code here to find fried chicken deals in your area.
  • Vocelli Pizza: Use coupon code 456 to get a large, two-topping pizza and an order of chicken tenders or oven-roasted wings for $18.99.
  • White Castle: Use coupon code RINGS to get a free sack of chicken rings with a purchase of $20 at participating locations.
  • Wing Zone: You’ll get a free sandwich when you buy a zesty hand-breaded chicken sandwich and a drink, no coupon code needed.
SU News

23035931-mmmain.jpg

Dion Waiters cashing in, finalizing four-year deal with Miami (report) (PS; Carlson)

Dion Waiters looks like he will be keeping his talents in South Beach.

After significantly improving his reputation as a member of the Miami Heat last year, Waiters is reportedly finalizing a deal to remain with the team. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski was the first to report the news, citing anonymous league sources.

Free agent guard Dion Waiters is finalizing a deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell ESPN.

-- Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 5, 2017

Basketball Insiders reporter Michael Scotto reported that Waiters and Miami were discussing a four-year deal worth a total of $52 million, an average of $13 million per season. Wojnarowski also Tweeted the deal the sides are working on is a four-year agreement, although he did not include financial numbers.

Sources: Miami Heat and Dion Waiters are discussing a 4-year, $52 million deal.

-- Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) July 5, 2017

To clarify a point in the Dion Waiters deal: It is a maximum value of $52 million -- if all incentives are met.

josephsmile-300x176.jpg

Kris Joseph from 2017 NBA Summer League: 'I'm always rooting for my Syracuse guys' - The Juice Online (the juice; Dagostino)

Former Syracuse star Kris Joseph is playing in the 2017 Orlando Pro Summer League for the Charlotte Hornets. We caught up with Joseph to talk about his overseas career, Mike Hopkins leaving for Washington, and his reasons for attending Syracuse.

The Juice Online: Kris, you had one of your best days here in Orlando. You seemed a lot more comfortable and confident today.

Kris Joseph: It felt good. The coaches did a good job of calling a couple of plays for me to come off staggers and things like that, so I could get a couple of open shots which I’m really comfortable taking. Seeing one fall leads to you feeling a lot more comfortable and a lot more confident in the next one. That’s what it was today. I was feeling a lot more confident as soon as I came in.

TJO: Talk about your journey since leaving Syracuse and where you are in this summer league.

KJ: The journey was good. I was drafted in the second round (of the NBA Draft). From there, I’m not going to say up and down, but you learn a lot of things to that point. I was able to go overseas and develop as a player. I think that really helped me for this opportunity over here. I was able to develop over there and work on certain things. I decided not to do things like the D-League anymore, more for a financial standpoint. When I was in the D-League too, D stands for development. So everything helped me so far, it aided me in becoming the player I am today.

TJO: What’s it like being able to talk to Mike (Gbinije) and Rak (Christmas) since you’ve been out here?

bazley.0.jpg

How Darius Bazley Changes The 2018 Syracuse Basketball Landscape – Orange Fizz – Free Syracuse Recruiting News (orangefizz.net; Aki)

It finally happened. After a 2017 recruiting class that was dry of ESPN Top 100 commits for the first time ever, the Orange made its first big splash in the Class of 2018. Syracuse received a commitment from four star forward Darius Bazley, who de-committed from Ohio State earlier this year after Thad Matta stepped down as head coach. The Cincinnati native reached out to SU after his decommitment and both sides had mutual interest. After visiting the school on Friday, he made his commitment after the weekend. Bazley is SU’s highest rated commit in the ESPN 100 since Malachi Richardson in 2015. The Ohio native is also the top rated recruit from his home state in his class. He also plays his AAU ball with the elite Mean Streets program, a Chicago-based team whose alumni include Anthony Davis, Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon and Tyler Ulis. Bazley currently leads the team in scoring and rebounding at 15.4 points and 9.4 rebounds per game.

This is a big get for Jim Boeheim after the Orange struck out on Cole Swider earlier in the week. Syracuse beat out ACC foe Louisville as well as a number of quality Big Ten programs like Maryland, Purdue and Indiana. With Bazley as the building block for the Class of 2018, the Orange has a nice, early start on the recruiting trail.

Notre Dame Basketball: 4 Star Guard, Dane Goodwin Commits To The Irish And Best Class In The ACC (onefootdown.com; Vowles)

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish basketball team has surprised many over the course of the past 3 years. What Mike Brey has done with the program by making it a legitimate power in the ACC and nationally, well it is something of a miracle. And he’s done this while flying under the radar in terms of recruiting.

That’s a little harder now after Dane Goodwin committed to the Irish.

Ready to be apart of the family!☘️ pic.twitter.com/ARmfvVqMtj

— Dane Goodwin (@danegoodwin23) July 6, 2017
The 4 star guard was once a commit with the Ohio State Buckeyes, but after Thad Matta was ousted from Columbus, Goodwin started to look around. One thing came after another, and now he is a part of the best recruiting class in the ACC.

Other

How a Canal Made New York 'The Empire State'

Go boy, get it done! Congrats to Tyler!!!

Is it too late for him to change his mind and come back? He made a bad decision.
Asking for a friend. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom