Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Welcome to Lost Sock Memorial Day!

How often have you reached into your sock drawer or laundry basket, perplexed to find one sock, but not the one that matches it? Chances are that you have held onto your lone socks, with hopes that someday their matches would return. Lost Sock Memorial Day is for looking for those lost socks one last time, honoring them, and then letting go by throwing away or putting to another use those unpaired socks that have been lingering in your sock drawer.

Lost Sock Memorial Day is being observed today! It has always been observed annually on May 9th.

SU News

1986: Georgetown vs. Syracuse - College Basketball - Are You Watching This?!

College Basketball, "2003: Syracuse at Georgetown", ESPNCL May 9 7:00 AM
College Basketball, "2018: Xavier at Creighton", FCSA May 9 8:00 AM
College Basketball, "2009: Georgetown at Syracuse", ESPNCL May 9 9:00 AM

Big week ahead for Syracuse basketball recruiting | Otto's Grove (.com; Kelly)

Syracuse is still trying to finish out its class of 2018, and this week the Orange may finally be able to finalize its roster for the upcoming season. That’s because Syracuse will play host to a pair of late blooming recruits, with Robert Braswell and Osun Osunniyi making the trip to Central New York.

After Bryce Golden picked Butler over Syracuse, the Orange shifted gears and turned their focus to the 6-foot-9 Braswell. The Blythewood High School product is an intriguing prospect, possessing both outstanding length and athleticism. From a physical standpoint, he may remind Orange fans of a young Hakim Warrick, particularly given his leaping ability (he’s the South Carolina state champ in the high jump, clearing 6-feet, 6-inches last year). But he’s also a better than average perimeter shooter, making him a true stretch forward.

11 ACC players invited to the 2018 NBA Draft Combine, including Duke's starting lineup - ACCSports.com (accsports.com; Geisinger)

The NBA announced 69 players that will attend this year’s draft combine up in Chicago, later this month. Of that group, 11 players hail from the ACC — representing 6 different schools.

Each player from Duke’s starting lineup this season received an invitation. Duke and Kentucky tied for the most players with invitations to this year’s event (5).

The combine takes play May 16-20.

Boston College
Jerome Robinson

Duke
Grayson Allen
Marvin Bagley
Wendell Carter
Trevon Duval
Gary Trent

(Note: Duke has a good chance to land four players in the first round of this year’s draft — something that hasn’t happened since 1999.)

Other

ab4_20180508dnbarnes2.jpg

A tour of the historic Barnes-Hiscock Mansion on James Street in Syracuse (photos) (PS; Nett; photo gallery)

The Barnes-Hiscock Mansion stills stands tall on James Street where many of Syracuse's stately homes were once located.

The mansion and five homes in the Sedgwick Farms neighborhood will be opened for tours on June 9.

Construction of the mansion at 930 James St. started in 1851 and was finished in 1853 by industrialist and abolitionist George Barnes.

After Barnes and his wife passed away the mansion became home to Frank H. Hiscock, a lawyer who once served as the chief justice of the New York State of Appeals. He lived there with his wife, Bessie.

The Hiscock's remodeled the home in the Greek Colonial Revival style in the 1890s.

The mansion again changed hands when the Corinthian Club, a private women's club, moved in in 1949.

The mansion is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places

See that Robinson of BC got an invite. So Bowman didn't? Is he pulling out of the draft or still just going to test the waters without an agent?

See that Robinson of BC got an invite. So Bowman didn't? Is he pulling out of the draft or still just going to test the waters without an agent?
My understanding is that Robinson got an invite and signed with an agent. We will not have to see him play in the Dome again.

My understanding is that Bowman did not get an invite and has not signed with an agent. My guess is that, given he was not invited to the combine, he and his pink hair will be returning for another season of ACC play this fall.

My understanding is that Robinson got an invite and signed with an agent. We will not have to see him play in the Dome again.

My understanding is that Bowman did not get an invite and has not signed with an agent. My guess is that, given he was not invited to the combine, he and his pink hair will be returning for another season of ACC play this fall.

Well one out of 2 will have to work. That pink hair torched us for 23 and 20 points while Robinson scored 20 and 22 - hopefully without Robinson , Bowman becomes less effective.

Well one out of 2 will have to work. That pink hair torched us for 23 and 20 points while Robinson scored 20 and 22 - hopefully without Robinson , Bowman becomes less effective.
I think this will be the case. Bowman was a good player but Robinson played at another level, a 1st team All ACC level, at least in my opinion. BC is slowly improving their talent and Christian is a good coach but I think losing Robinson is really going to hurt the Eagles.