Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
read-a-book-day-september-6.jpg

Welcome to National Read a Book Day!

National Read a Book Day encourages people to pause from their busy lives to spend the day reading a book of their choosing. While the holiday takes place just one day a year, on September 6, reading can be a daily, lifetime endeavor, which is what National Read a Book Day aims to engender. Libraries have marked National Read a Book Day with book giveaways and recommendations. Book stores have taken part too, offering discounts on books on the day. Even the highest rungs of the United States government have gotten involved in the day when First Lady Melania Trump donated books by Dr. Seuss to a public school in each state in honor of the day.

SU News

Syracuse Basketball: Many reasons to feel excitement for Adrian Autry era (itlh; Adler)

Back in March, when SU Athletics announced that Hall of Famer Jim Boeheim was no longer the head coach of Syracuse basketball, and he was being replaced by long-time assistant Adrian Autry, I had a lot of mixed emotions.

Putting aside that SU Athletics fumbled this announcement, my first emotion was one of bittersweet sadness. I’m a proud alumnus of Syracuse University, and obviously a huge fan of the basketball program.

Since I attended SU in the late 1990s until 2000, I’m a bit more old school than current generations. I miss the Big East Conference. I believe that Jim Boeheim has meant more to Syracuse basketball than perhaps any other coach has meant to his or her program in the history of college basketball.

It's not easy to surprise me, but my friends and colleagues got me good last night. It was great to see so many people who made a difference in my life and career together in one room, even if it was to roast me. It was an epic night that I will be forever grateful for! pic.twitter.com/tXRmfhMuQc
— Jim Boeheim (@therealboeheim) August 23, 2023

And while many were ready for Boeheim to retire years ago, I wasn’t in that camp. But after a 16-17 record in 2021-22 and a 17-15 mark in 2022-23, I did think it was the right time for Boeheim to hang up his whistle, which he did this spring, giving way to his long-time lieutenant.

However, as much as I love and will miss Jim Boeheim roaming the sidelines, I’m pumped for Adrian Autry to officially begin his tenure as the Orange’s head coach, with the 2023-24 season set to commence in early November.

Syracuse Basketball: 5-star to visit same weekend as 5-star Jalil Bethea (itlh; Adler)

It looks like mid-September will prove a big weekend for Syracuse basketball.

Sadiq White, a consensus top-40 national prospect in the 2025 class from North Carolina who is rated five stars at present by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, plans to take an unofficial visit to the Orange beginning September 15th, according to the X account 24/7 High School Hoops, who is a high-school hoops recruiting analyst and scout.

The 6-foot-8 White, a small forward/power forward who received a scholarship offer from the ‘Cuse in late April of this year, recently visited Texas and plans to take an unofficial visit to Cincinnati on September 23, according to 24/7 High School Hoops. I also came across a post on X from one of White’s high-school assistant coaches, saying that White will unofficially visit N.C. State on September 29.

2025 4 Sadiq White tells me he’s taking an unofficial to Syracuse beginning September 15th.
He also recently took a visit to Texas this past weekend and will take an unofficial visit to Cincinnati on September 23rd.
White is a versatile, athletic forward prospect who plays… pic.twitter.com/rzm18YUrNg
— 24/7 High School Hoops (@247HSHoops) September 1, 2023

White is a standout junior at Myers Park High School in Charlotte, N.C., a team that as I noted in another recent column, is getting some preseason top 25 love from a top analyst/scout ahead of the 2023-24 campaign.

On the AAU circuit, White is a star for the Charlotte-based Team United in Nike’s EYBL league. Per media reports, the Orange coaching staff has watched him amid NCAA live periods during AAU competitions, and the ‘Cuse also reportedly reached out to White once the contact period for the 2025 class opened up this past June 15.

Syracuse Basketball: Projected starting lineup and depth chart for 2023-24 season (bustingbrackets.com; Anderson)

The Jim Boeheim era is over for Syracuse Basketball heading into 2023-24. The Orange went 17-15 and 10-10 in the ACC in Coach Boeheim’s final season on the sidelines. Head coach Adrian Autry takes over the helm and while we could see the abolishment of the 2-3 zone, Orange fans should expect a squad that isn’t short on talent with this year’s rotation.

The Orange lost two of their top three scorers from a season ago, but they’ll add some experience from the transfer portal that should boost things this season. J.J. Starling (Notre Dame), Naheem McLeod (Florida State), Kyle Cuffe Jr. (Kansas) and Chance Westry (Auburn) will all look to emerge for Syracuse as acquisitions in the transfer portal. Starling and McLeod are familiar faces in the ACC while Cuffe brings experience from the Big Ten and Westry brings his experience from the SEC into the fold.

Judah Mintz leads the returning cast for the Orange after testing the NBA Draft waters. The ACC All-Freshman performer from a year ago should make quite the backcourt mate as Starling joins the fold at the shooting guard role. Mintz and Starling will have some players in the frontcourt to make plays with Maliq Brown, Benny Williams and Chris Bell all returning for the Orange as well. With the size and length they’ll possess throughout the rotation, Syracuse should surprise a lot of fans this season after finishing eighth in the conference standings in 2022-23.

The potential is there for Syracuse to be quite the talented bunch this upcoming season. Take a look at the projected starting lineup and depth chart for the Orange heading into 2023-24.

Point Guard

Starter – Judah Mintz (32 mpg)

Judah Mintz returns with the “keys” to the offense so to speak at the floor general spot for the Orange. He’s an electric playmaking guard who can find his own offense and generate offense for others just as well. His return gives Syracuse a solid lead guard with ACC Player of the Year potential. He put up 16.3 ppg, 4.6 apg, 2.3 rpg and 1.8 spg on 30.3 percent shooting from behind the arc and 46.9 percent shooting from the floor in 2022-23.

With Joe Girard III gone, his production should certainly grow as he heads into Year 2 in the ACC. He’ll have a ton of freedom after leading the conference in steals (59) and finishing sixth in assists (148) this past season.

Bench – Quadir Copeland, Kyle Cuffe Jr.

Kyle Cuffe Jr. and Quadir Copeland should both compete for minutes at the backup point guard spot, though the minutes won’t be extensive. Copeland holds a slight edge given he appeared in 20 games for the Orange in 2022-23, averaging 2.1 ppg and 1.6 rpg. Cuffe will challenge for minutes after appearing in just two games this past season for the Kansas Jayhawks. There’s depth in the backcourt but not a whole lot of minutes given what Mintz brings to the table.

High school basketball, football standout leaving Liverpool for prep school (PS; Lacy Jr)

The defending Section III Class AA boys basketball champions will look much different next season. Liverpool starters Jason Lawler and Jah’Deiur Reese have graduated and All-CNY boys basketball player of the year Andreo Ash is headed to the Canterbury School in New Milford, Connecticut to finish his high school career. Now, Liverpool will be without another starter.

Bruce Wingate will be attending Busche Academy in Chester, New Hampshire.

Wingate starred on both the football field and basketball court for the Warriors.

As a sophomore on the football team, he led the team with six sacks and two forced fumbles.

In his Liverpool basketball career, he scored 669 points, grabbed 131 rebounds, knocked down 51 3-pointers and was a member of two section championship teams.

In his junior year, Wingate was key to helping Liverpool reach the state final four. He was second on the team in scoring (15.3 ppg) and steals (1.6 spg). He also drilled a team-high 28 3-pointers and dished out 1.9 assists per game. He was named second-team All-CNY and all-state honorable mention.

Wingate spent his summer playing AAU basketball with the City Rocks. In May, he was selected to the Nike E16 All-Breakout Team.

Syracuse University Enhances Campus Tours with Samsung’s The Wall MicroLED Displays (displaydaily.com; phot gallery; Blackwood)

Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications is taking campus tours to the next level with Samsung’s The Wall displaying the school’s heritage and student achievements.

Current-Student-1024x576.webp
Source: Samsung

Positioned in the Dedication Hall of the Newhouse 1 building, a landmark on Syracuse’s 721-acre campus, acclaimed for its unique cruciform-shaped design crafted by the legendary architect I.M. Pei, houses Samsung’s MicroLED displays. This isn’t just a regular display; the Newhouse School worked collaboratively with architecture firm Gensler, audio-visual solution provider Fusion Digital, and of course, Samsung, to custom design the installation. The set of five MicroLED displays complement the building’s design, each display framed by thin wooden panels echoing the vertical pillars that make Newhouse 1 an architectural marvel.

https://www.si.com/college/syracuse/football/labatt-strikes-partnership-with-syracuse-athletics (SI; McAllister)

As fall sports are officially in full swing for the Orange, Labatt Brewing Company has entered a new partnership with the Syracuse athletic department. This three-year deal is the largest collegiate partnership for Labatt, as they become the “Official Canadian Import of Syracuse Athletics.” Cuse fans are able to enjoy America’s top-selling Canadian beer at the JMA Wireless Dome, and at local bars and restaurants near campus.

Before Saturday’s season opener against Colgate, Labatt Blue Light hosted an ultimate Cuse fan tailgate party for adults 21 and older at The Orange Crate. Over 200 fans attended the event and got free t-shirts to commemorate the new sponsorship. Cuse fans also had a sneak peek of the new Syracuse-themed tap handles, and neon signs that change depending what athletic programs are in season. Central New York market manager Lauren Tarson views fun interactive events like this as something that fans should continue to expect moving forward.

MBB: How to do an 18-team tournament (RX; HM)

MBB: How to do an 18-team tournament

ACC expansion presents a bit of a problem for the ACC Basketball Tournament, namely: how to fit in all 18 teams in just 5 days (or less)? If we assume a practical limit of 5 to 6 games per day, we can come up with a couple of ways to do it.

Top 16 Teams Format

First, the most obvious solution is to limit the tournament to the top 16 teams only (i.e. the bottom two teams do not participate). That gives you a tournament without byes. Here's how you do it:
DAY ONE
1 v 16
2 v 15
3 v 14
4 v 13
The top 4 teams don't get a bye, but they do get a day to rest - if they win on day one.
DAY TWO
5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9
For simplicity, let's assume the higher seeds all win.
DAY THREE
1 v 8
2 v 7
3 v 6
4 v 5
DAY FOUR
1 v 4
2 v 3
DAY FIVE: championship
1 v 2
That neatly fits into a WED-THU-FRI-SAT-SUN (or TUE-WED-THU-FRI-SAT) format.

All 18 Teams Format

If you squeeze in 5 games each on the first two days, you CAN play an 18-team tournament (i.e. 17 games) in just 5 days, like this:
DAY ONE
9 v 18
10 v 17
11 v 16
12 v 15
13 v 14
5 teams are eliminated, leaving 13. Again, assuming higher seeds all win, you have...
DAY TWO
4 v 13
5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9
5 more are eliminated, leaving 8. Now it becomes more conventional (again, assuming higher seeds all win)...
DAY THREE
1 v 8
2 v 7
3 v 6
4 v 5
DAY FOUR
1 v 4
2 v 3
1 v 2
- never play more than 5 games per day
- all 18 teams play

Other

Horses, rides, fried food, oh my!: The New York State Fair in photos (DO; photo gallery; Hendricks)

The NY State Fair Midway is home to rides and carnival games designated by a large illuminated sign that reads “Greatest Carnival on the Planet.” Axis was one of the several rides at the fair that featured a flying or twirling effect.

The Hollywood Racing Pigs brings a large crowd to the Family Fun Zone three times a day. Pigs like Baconator and Darl Earnhog Jr. ran around the small track as fans both young and old cheered.

Meghan Hendricks | Senior Staff Photographer / The Daily Orange

The Hollywood Racing Pigs brings a large crowd to the Family Fun Zone three times a day. Pigs like Baconator and Darl Earnhog Jr. ran around the small track as fans both young and old cheered.

Who-We-Are-page-banner-768x256.jpg

Who makes the best milk, ice cream, cheese in NY? Judges find... (PS; House)

Who serves up the best milk in New York state? How about the tastiest cheese or the creamiest ice cream?

Thanks to a statewide contest, dairy fanatics don’t have to guess which products are the cream at the top.

New York’s 2023 Dairy Products Competition has crowned the makers of the best dairy products in the state. The top-scoring milks, cheeses, yogurts and more were picked last week by expert judges, some hailing from Cornell University.

Stewart’s Shops, the fan-favorite Upstate New York convenience store chain, snagged big wins — earning recognition as the producer of the best milk in the state, Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office announced in a news release. Stewart’s also won gold for its chocolate ice cream and flavored ice cream.

It marked the second year in a row Stewart’s milk was named the best in New York during the Dairy Products Competition.

“Oops, we did it AGAIN”, Stewart’s wrote in an ecstatic Instagram post.

Upstate Farms Buffalo’s milk earned silver, the governor’s office said.

Here’s a sample of the other Big Cheeses in the Dairy Products Competition:

• Four Fat Fowl Creamery, an artisan creamery from Stephentown in the Hudson Valley, was named Grand Champion for its widely lauded St. Stephen cheese.
  • Dygert Farms, from Palatine Bridge in the Capital Region, won gold for its chocolate milk.
  • HP Hood’s plants in Arkport, Vernon and LaFargeville took home the most medals overall — earning 14 awards for products ranging from cottage cheese to sour cream.
  • Great Lakes Cheese, of Adams in the North Country, won gold for three of its Upstate-made cheeses: cheddar, aged cheddar and “super” aged cheddar.

read-a-book-day-september-6.jpg

Welcome to National Read a Book Day!

National Read a Book Day encourages people to pause from their busy lives to spend the day reading a book of their choosing. While the holiday takes place just one day a year, on September 6, reading can be a daily, lifetime endeavor, which is what National Read a Book Day aims to engender. Libraries have marked National Read a Book Day with book giveaways and recommendations. Book stores have taken part too, offering discounts on books on the day. Even the highest rungs of the United States government have gotten involved in the day when First Lady Melania Trump donated books by Dr. Seuss to a public school in each state in honor of the day.

SU News

Syracuse Basketball: Many reasons to feel excitement for Adrian Autry era (itlh; Adler)

Back in March, when SU Athletics announced that Hall of Famer Jim Boeheim was no longer the head coach of Syracuse basketball, and he was being replaced by long-time assistant Adrian Autry, I had a lot of mixed emotions.

Putting aside that SU Athletics fumbled this announcement, my first emotion was one of bittersweet sadness. I’m a proud alumnus of Syracuse University, and obviously a huge fan of the basketball program.

Since I attended SU in the late 1990s until 2000, I’m a bit more old school than current generations. I miss the Big East Conference. I believe that Jim Boeheim has meant more to Syracuse basketball than perhaps any other coach has meant to his or her program in the history of college basketball.

And while many were ready for Boeheim to retire years ago, I wasn’t in that camp. But after a 16-17 record in 2021-22 and a 17-15 mark in 2022-23, I did think it was the right time for Boeheim to hang up his whistle, which he did this spring, giving way to his long-time lieutenant.

However, as much as I love and will miss Jim Boeheim roaming the sidelines, I’m pumped for Adrian Autry to officially begin his tenure as the Orange’s head coach, with the 2023-24 season set to commence in early November.

Syracuse Basketball: 5-star to visit same weekend as 5-star Jalil Bethea (itlh; Adler)

It looks like mid-September will prove a big weekend for Syracuse basketball.

Sadiq White, a consensus top-40 national prospect in the 2025 class from North Carolina who is rated five stars at present by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, plans to take an unofficial visit to the Orange beginning September 15th, according to the X account 24/7 High School Hoops, who is a high-school hoops recruiting analyst and scout.

The 6-foot-8 White, a small forward/power forward who received a scholarship offer from the ‘Cuse in late April of this year, recently visited Texas and plans to take an unofficial visit to Cincinnati on September 23, according to 24/7 High School Hoops. I also came across a post on X from one of White’s high-school assistant coaches, saying that White will unofficially visit N.C. State on September 29.

White is a standout junior at Myers Park High School in Charlotte, N.C., a team that as I noted in another recent column, is getting some preseason top 25 love from a top analyst/scout ahead of the 2023-24 campaign.

On the AAU circuit, White is a star for the Charlotte-based Team United in Nike’s EYBL league. Per media reports, the Orange coaching staff has watched him amid NCAA live periods during AAU competitions, and the ‘Cuse also reportedly reached out to White once the contact period for the 2025 class opened up this past June 15.

Syracuse Basketball: Projected starting lineup and depth chart for 2023-24 season (bustingbrackets.com; Anderson)

The Jim Boeheim era is over for Syracuse Basketball heading into 2023-24. The Orange went 17-15 and 10-10 in the ACC in Coach Boeheim’s final season on the sidelines. Head coach Adrian Autry takes over the helm and while we could see the abolishment of the 2-3 zone, Orange fans should expect a squad that isn’t short on talent with this year’s rotation.

The Orange lost two of their top three scorers from a season ago, but they’ll add some experience from the transfer portal that should boost things this season. J.J. Starling (Notre Dame), Naheem McLeod (Florida State), Kyle Cuffe Jr. (Kansas) and Chance Westry (Auburn) will all look to emerge for Syracuse as acquisitions in the transfer portal. Starling and McLeod are familiar faces in the ACC while Cuffe brings experience from the Big Ten and Westry brings his experience from the SEC into the fold.

Judah Mintz leads the returning cast for the Orange after testing the NBA Draft waters. The ACC All-Freshman performer from a year ago should make quite the backcourt mate as Starling joins the fold at the shooting guard role. Mintz and Starling will have some players in the frontcourt to make plays with Maliq Brown, Benny Williams and Chris Bell all returning for the Orange as well. With the size and length they’ll possess throughout the rotation, Syracuse should surprise a lot of fans this season after finishing eighth in the conference standings in 2022-23.

The potential is there for Syracuse to be quite the talented bunch this upcoming season. Take a look at the projected starting lineup and depth chart for the Orange heading into 2023-24.

Point Guard

Starter – Judah Mintz (32 mpg)

Judah Mintz returns with the “keys” to the offense so to speak at the floor general spot for the Orange. He’s an electric playmaking guard who can find his own offense and generate offense for others just as well. His return gives Syracuse a solid lead guard with ACC Player of the Year potential. He put up 16.3 ppg, 4.6 apg, 2.3 rpg and 1.8 spg on 30.3 percent shooting from behind the arc and 46.9 percent shooting from the floor in 2022-23.

With Joe Girard III gone, his production should certainly grow as he heads into Year 2 in the ACC. He’ll have a ton of freedom after leading the conference in steals (59) and finishing sixth in assists (148) this past season.

Bench – Quadir Copeland, Kyle Cuffe Jr.

Kyle Cuffe Jr. and Quadir Copeland should both compete for minutes at the backup point guard spot, though the minutes won’t be extensive. Copeland holds a slight edge given he appeared in 20 games for the Orange in 2022-23, averaging 2.1 ppg and 1.6 rpg. Cuffe will challenge for minutes after appearing in just two games this past season for the Kansas Jayhawks. There’s depth in the backcourt but not a whole lot of minutes given what Mintz brings to the table.

High school basketball, football standout leaving Liverpool for prep school (PS; Lacy Jr)

The defending Section III Class AA boys basketball champions will look much different next season. Liverpool starters Jason Lawler and Jah’Deiur Reese have graduated and All-CNY boys basketball player of the year Andreo Ash is headed to the Canterbury School in New Milford, Connecticut to finish his high school career. Now, Liverpool will be without another starter.

Bruce Wingate will be attending Busche Academy in Chester, New Hampshire.

Wingate starred on both the football field and basketball court for the Warriors.

As a sophomore on the football team, he led the team with six sacks and two forced fumbles.

In his Liverpool basketball career, he scored 669 points, grabbed 131 rebounds, knocked down 51 3-pointers and was a member of two section championship teams.

In his junior year, Wingate was key to helping Liverpool reach the state final four. He was second on the team in scoring (15.3 ppg) and steals (1.6 spg). He also drilled a team-high 28 3-pointers and dished out 1.9 assists per game. He was named second-team All-CNY and all-state honorable mention.

Wingate spent his summer playing AAU basketball with the City Rocks. In May, he was selected to the Nike E16 All-Breakout Team.

Syracuse University Enhances Campus Tours with Samsung’s The Wall MicroLED Displays (displaydaily.com; phot gallery; Blackwood)

Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications is taking campus tours to the next level with Samsung’s The Wall displaying the school’s heritage and student achievements.

Current-Student-1024x576.webp
Source: Samsung

Positioned in the Dedication Hall of the Newhouse 1 building, a landmark on Syracuse’s 721-acre campus, acclaimed for its unique cruciform-shaped design crafted by the legendary architect I.M. Pei, houses Samsung’s MicroLED displays. This isn’t just a regular display; the Newhouse School worked collaboratively with architecture firm Gensler, audio-visual solution provider Fusion Digital, and of course, Samsung, to custom design the installation. The set of five MicroLED displays complement the building’s design, each display framed by thin wooden panels echoing the vertical pillars that make Newhouse 1 an architectural marvel.

https://www.si.com/college/syracuse/football/labatt-strikes-partnership-with-syracuse-athletics (SI; McAllister)

As fall sports are officially in full swing for the Orange, Labatt Brewing Company has entered a new partnership with the Syracuse athletic department. This three-year deal is the largest collegiate partnership for Labatt, as they become the “Official Canadian Import of Syracuse Athletics.” Cuse fans are able to enjoy America’s top-selling Canadian beer at the JMA Wireless Dome, and at local bars and restaurants near campus.

Before Saturday’s season opener against Colgate, Labatt Blue Light hosted an ultimate Cuse fan tailgate party for adults 21 and older at The Orange Crate. Over 200 fans attended the event and got free t-shirts to commemorate the new sponsorship. Cuse fans also had a sneak peek of the new Syracuse-themed tap handles, and neon signs that change depending what athletic programs are in season. Central New York market manager Lauren Tarson views fun interactive events like this as something that fans should continue to expect moving forward.

MBB: How to do an 18-team tournament (RX; HM)

MBB: How to do an 18-team tournament

ACC expansion presents a bit of a problem for the ACC Basketball Tournament, namely: how to fit in all 18 teams in just 5 days (or less)? If we assume a practical limit of 5 to 6 games per day, we can come up with a couple of ways to do it.

Top 16 Teams Format

First, the most obvious solution is to limit the tournament to the top 16 teams only (i.e. the bottom two teams do not participate). That gives you a tournament without byes. Here's how you do it:
DAY ONE
1 v 16
2 v 15
3 v 14
4 v 13
The top 4 teams don't get a bye, but they do get a day to rest - if they win on day one.
DAY TWO
5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9
For simplicity, let's assume the higher seeds all win.
DAY THREE
1 v 8
2 v 7
3 v 6
4 v 5
DAY FOUR
1 v 4
2 v 3
1 v 2
That neatly fits into a WED-THU-FRI-SAT-SUN (or TUE-WED-THU-FRI-SAT) format.

All 18 Teams Format

If you squeeze in 5 games each on the first two days, you CAN play an 18-team tournament (i.e. 17 games) in just 5 days, like this:
DAY ONE
9 v 18
10 v 17
11 v 16
12 v 15
13 v 14
5 teams are eliminated, leaving 13. Again, assuming higher seeds all win, you have...
DAY TWO
4 v 13
5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9
5 more are eliminated, leaving 8. Now it becomes more conventional (again, assuming higher seeds all win)...
DAY THREE
1 v 8
2 v 7
3 v 6
4 v 5
DAY FOUR
1 v 4
2 v 3
1 v 2
- never play more than 5 games per day
- all 18 teams play

Other

Horses, rides, fried food, oh my!: The New York State Fair in photos (DO; photo gallery; Hendricks)

The NY State Fair Midway is home to rides and carnival games designated by a large illuminated sign that reads “Greatest Carnival on the Planet.” Axis was one of the several rides at the fair that featured a flying or twirling effect.

Meghan Hendricks | Senior Staff Photographer / The Daily Orange

Who-We-Are-page-banner-768x256.jpg

Who makes the best milk, ice cream, cheese in NY? Judges find... (PS; House)

Who serves up the best milk in New York state? How about the tastiest cheese or the creamiest ice cream?

Thanks to a statewide contest, dairy fanatics don’t have to guess which products are the cream at the top.

New York’s 2023 Dairy Products Competition has crowned the makers of the best dairy products in the state. The top-scoring milks, cheeses, yogurts and more were picked last week by expert judges, some hailing from Cornell University.

Stewart’s Shops, the fan-favorite Upstate New York convenience store chain, snagged big wins — earning recognition as the producer of the best milk in the state, Gov. Kathy Hochul’s office announced in a news release. Stewart’s also won gold for its chocolate ice cream and flavored ice cream.

It marked the second year in a row Stewart’s milk was named the best in New York during the Dairy Products Competition.

“Oops, we did it AGAIN”, Stewart’s wrote in an ecstatic Instagram post.

Upstate Farms Buffalo’s milk earned silver, the governor’s office said.

Here’s a sample of the other Big Cheeses in the Dairy Products Competition:

• Four Fat Fowl Creamery, an artisan creamery from Stephentown in the Hudson Valley, was named Grand Champion for its widely lauded St. Stephen cheese.
  • Dygert Farms, from Palatine Bridge in the Capital Region, won gold for its chocolate milk.
  • HP Hood’s plants in Arkport, Vernon and LaFargeville took home the most medals overall — earning 14 awards for products ranging from cottage cheese to sour cream.
  • Great Lakes Cheese, of Adams in the North Country, won gold for three of its Upstate-made cheeses: cheddar, aged cheddar and “super” aged cheddar.
Good articles today, thanks.