Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday for Basketball

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
How a 'perfectly-timed' herniated disc led Eric Devendorf to Graduation Day at Syracuse (PS: Carlson)

eric-and-madeleine-devendorjpg-bc13a5f9199dc22a.jpg

Kudos to Eric Devendorf.

I've told this story before, but after he "declared" for the NBA draft [ahem], somebody at the post standard did a sit down interview with him that was video taped. This wasn't after a game, where the adrenaline is flowing and the player is jacked up and all sweaty. This was a sit down interview, and the video lasted about 18 minutes.

During a lunch break at a client, I actually watched the entire thing and was SHOCKED by how soft spoken, introspective, and intelligent sounding Devendorf came across as. Mostly because the outer package was so extreme, but also because of his on-court antics / behavior [to say nothing of the off-court behavior that got him into hot water].

I'm not saying that I expected this day to come, but I am totally not surprised at all. Devendorf is a smart kid, which I didn't appreciate at all while he was a player here. Kudos to him for finding focus / maturity and getting the job done. That newfound work ethic will serve him well in life, both in his professional athletic career for as long as that lasts, and for whatever awaits beyond.

Another great story about a former player's perseverance paying off. The PS has killed it this week with these stories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom