For conference games in both bball and fball from here on out | Syracusefan.com

For conference games in both bball and fball from here on out

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
until we leave, do you think we'll get boned by the refs? Maybe not costing us a game intentionally with obvious bad calls, but just making things a bit harder. Personally, I do. I think Marinara is that pissed.

I would be more concerned about having to play at WV again and someone getting injured from a thrown battery or other projectile.

until we leave, do you think we'll get boned by the refs? Maybe not costing us a game intentionally with obvious bad calls, but just making things a bit harder. Personally, I do. I think Marinara is that pissed.
Yep, three years of crap.

No.

I give referees more credit than that.

I would like to believe that if a league official instructed a referee to engage in that kind of behavior, the referee would be offended and would refuse.

But, maybe I'm naive.

As opposed to the usual bad calls we always seem to get?

I feel that douche in providence will do everything he can to make SU and Pitt miserable because he is forever known as the boob that was in charge when the BE finally died.

I am more with javadoc on this - I am concerned about other fans, especially WVU (note the guy in the article about the WV couches with the fricking college student saying, "If I see a fire I know I am gunna want to burn stuff - you can't stop people if they want to burn stuff" or something like that).

I know a couple of the local NCAA refs and as much as they might not get every call right I believe 100% that they would never throw a call on purpose.

No.

I would like to believe that if a league official instructed a referee to engage in that kind of behavior, the referee would be offended and would refuse.

Even better - wear a wire and get it on tape.

I don't think we'll get refs with orders to screw us over, but there could be a "Company Man" official or two who might think that is expected of him. I also won't be surprised if we get assigned the bottom of the barrel crew a disproportionate number of times.

Nope, I don't. I think refs are better than that.

44cuse

Did you watch any BE games last year? ...
Do I think some refs can suck? Yes. Do I think the intentionally call games against a particular team? No. And if you have problem with BE Refs, better prepare yourself for ACC refs. They aren't going to like our style of play one bit.

44cuse

I think it started at USC. Ok maybe that was just regular bad refs.

It might be hard to tell the difference. But yes, I think for calls that aren't the obvious type, I won't be expecting them to go our way. Opposing OL gets away with a few more holds, we don't. SU and Pitt just ended Marinatto's career with a legacy of a league falling apart under his dagger.

In an unrelated story, was hanging out on the beach this morning with my son. I had a Syracuse shirt on. Guy was standing near us with a Rutgers shirt on. We noticed each other's shirt and looked away, I almost felt awkward. Kinda thought that's how JB probably felt, assuming he ran into Marinatto at Gavitt's funeral. Neither of us did anything wrong personally (neither did the decision makers at our beloved school), but that feeling like, I'd rather not say hello and just hope he goes away. With me being the winner and him the loser, of course.

Did you watch the Rutgers - St Johns game where everyones favorite refs walked off the court before the game was decided, thus deciding in favor of St Johns? That was the culmination of an overall horrible year of refs on the part of the BE. If the refs called the game straight across the board, I could care less. But, they haven't - not in the BE.
Do I think some refs can suck? Yes. Do I think the intentionally call games against a particular team? No. And if you have problem with BE Refs, better prepare yourself for ACC refs. They aren't going to like our style of play one bit.

44cuse

I think it started at USC. Ok maybe that was just regular bad refs.

It might be hard to tell the difference. But yes, I think for calls that aren't the obvious type, I won't be expecting them to go our way. Opposing OL gets away with a few more holds, we don't. SU and Pitt just ended Marinatto's career with a legacy of a league falling apart under his dagger.

In an unrelated story, was hanging out on the beach this morning with my son. I had a Syracuse shirt on. Guy was standing near us with a Rutgers shirt on. We noticed each other's shirt and looked away, I almost felt awkward. Kinda thought that's how JB probably felt, assuming he ran into Marinatto at Gavitt's funeral. Neither of us did anything wrong personally (neither did the decision makers at our beloved school), but that feeling like, I'd rather not say hello and just hope he goes away. With me being the winner and him the loser, of course.

Wait what Rutgers has fans??? :confused:

It's going to be three very long years. Beyond bs refs, we should also make routers players walk through a metal detector.

It's going to be three very long years. Beyond bs refs, we should also make routers players walk through a metal detector.
I think they'll find a way to end the relationship sooner than that.

Oh, and Stan--how surprised were you that SU got the call from Swofford?