Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
little-engine.jpg

Welcome to Children's Picture Book Day!

The Little Engine That Could is an illustrated children's book that became widely known in the United States after publication in 1930 by Platt & Munk. The story is used to teach children the value of optimism and hard work. Based on a 2007 online poll, the National Education Association named the book one of its "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children".[1]

SU News

6_4826944.jpg

Syracuse football recruiting: 2018 New York ATH Trill Williams commits to SU (PS; Bailey)

Syracuse football picked up its second commitment from the Class of 2018 on Monday night as in-state athlete Atrilleon "Trill" Williams announced his decision on Twitter.

I'd like to thank,the schools and coaches that took time out to recruit me.After talking it over with Family and Coaches I've decided to[?] [?][?] pic.twitter.com/kfheCsp7bW

-- Trill Williams (@GOLD3N_BOII2) March 28, 2017
The 6-foot-2, 180-pound Archbishop Stepinac (White Plans, N.Y.) High School junior is rated three stars and the No. 73 athlete in his class by 247Sports.com's composite rankings. He chose the Orange after decommitting from Rutgers two months ago and has also been offered by Boston College, Temple and Buffalo, among others, per 247Sports.com.

usatsi_9215683-copy.jpg

Orange Watch: ACC still in play for rare conference football-basketball national title sweep - The Juice Online (the juice; Bierman)

Item: Coming off the 2015-16 college sports season in which the ACC finished runner-up for the CFP title and NCAA Final Four crown, and following Clemson’s literally last second national football title game victory over Alabama in January, with North Carolina’s wild finish to oust Kentucky from March Madness Sunday to make a record 20th Final Four this weekend, the Tar Heels are once again carrying the conference banner eyeing a sixth national championship.

Only twice before in the 63 history of the ACC has a team from the conference won both the football and basketball national championships in the same academic sports calendar encompassing the football and basketball seasons.

The first occurrence was in 1981-82 when Clemson won its other football national title defeating Nebraska in the Orange Bowl, followed by North Carolina winning Dean Smith’s first championship defeating Georgetown at New Orleans.

A decade later Georgia Tech was co-national champions in football (with Colorado) for the 1990 season, while a couple of months later Duke won the first of its five national championships under Mike Krzyzewski by beating Kansas-coached Roy Williams.

Other

22372935-mmmain.jpg

Waze gets into order-ahead business with Dunkin' Donuts (PS; AP)

Waze's traffic navigation app already shows ads prodding drivers to swing by fast-food joints like Dunkin' Donuts and Taco Bell. Now it's adding a new item to its menu -- the ability to place orders at some shops.

On Tuesday, the Google-owned app will start letting drivers purchase coffee and other items from Dunkin' Donuts for pickup along their way. It's the first time that Waze has offered this kind of "order ahead" option, but unlikely to be the last.

If all goes well with the Dunkin' Donuts test, Waze plans to team up with other merchants so its millions of users can order pizza, reserve parking spaces, fill prescriptions and even buy groceries without having to open another app on their phones.

Article was great! Thanks.

This quote was fantastic:

“The thing that cracked me up was the opening line of Jersey Boys. Now I’m sitting here, first and second Broadway show, never been to one live,” Babers said, “and in the Jersey Boys, the opening line says — they’re singing — but the first time the guy talks, he goes, ‘Hi, my name’s Tommy DeVito, and I put New Jersey on the map.’”

Babers was recruiting a young quarterback by the same name from the same state.

“And I’m sitting there going, ‘Are you sending me a message?’”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom