Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
9d6db7c9eb13027ba753335418fcf66a.png

Welcome to Administrative Professionals Day!

Administrative Professionals' Day (also known as Secretaries' Day or Admin Day) is a day observed yearly (but not a public holiday). In some countries, it falls within Administrative Professionals' Week (the last full week of April in the United States).[1] The day recognizes the work of secretaries, administrative assistants, receptionists, and other administrative support professionals. Typically administrative professionals are given cards, flowers, chocolates, and lunches.[2]

SU News

UVa, Syracuse Football butt heads on social media (virginia.24x7sports.com; Oakes)

Welcome to recruiting in 2017. Social media is the recruiting battleground and everyone is jockeying for space.Enter Virginia and Syracuse.

It started with a UVa graphic tweeted by Ridgely (Md.) North Caroline defensive tackle Ja'Mion Franklin.

Since a youngin I been had dreams #HoosRising #GoHoos #RipUncAvery pic.twitter.com/3YKAc67ebw

— #55GoLive (@Jamion_Franklin) April 25, 2017

Born Ready, that’s what the graphic of Franklin said.

Enter Syracuse a little over two hours later with a graphic to Franklin.

Sheesh all this fire man #Cuse pic.twitter.com/wQGPqHDsie

— #55GoLive (@Jamion_Franklin) April 25, 2017

“Some say ‘Born Ready.’ We see the work you put it.”

Coincidence? Can’t be, right?

Well, UVa’s assistant defensive line coach returned fire.
5262951.png

The response tweet was retweeted by Franklin, whether the UVa assistant meant it as return fire or coincidentally was exclaiming his kids’ passion for citrus.

Regardless, social media has made recruiting that much more entertaining ... and
petty ... but mostly entertaining.

11752706-large.jpeg

1998 NCAA Division I-A football rankings - Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)

Two human polls and one formulaic ranking make up the 1998 NCAA Division I-A football rankings. Unlike most sports, college football's governing body, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), does not bestow a National Championship title for Division I-A football. That title is primarily bestowed by different polling agencies. There are several polls that currently exist. The main weekly polls are the AP Poll and Coaches Poll. The Bowl Championship Series (BCS) Standings made their debut in 1998, and began being released about halfway through the season.

Other

22546494-mmmain.jpg

A 'bloodbath' of layoffs reportedly expected at ESPN in coming weeks (PS; Burrows)

A huge number of layoffs are expected to be coming to ESPN in the coming days and weeks, according to multiple reports.

Some layoffs could be coming as soon as Wednesday in the wake of massive subscriber losses and rising sports rights fees, according to SI's Richard Deitsch.

"I've heard from people I trust that employees in Bristol will be informed as early as tomorrow," Deitsch wrote on Facebook. "The numbers will be larger than previously reported."

Previously, James Andrew Miller, author of Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN, told Deitsch that between 40 and 50 people would be laid off.

Campus of @espn has often been place of pride, achievement & tons of psychic income for many, but this week's layoffs will be tough for all.

-- jamesmiller (@JimMiller) April 25, 2017

Deitsch also mentions that he is not reporting any names that he already knows will be laid off.

According to the Sporting News, sources said Monday that as many as 70 personalities could be laid off.