Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Welcome to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!

Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.'s legacy by doing your part to improve your community and the world. Work for justice and a more equitable society. Today you could find volunteer opportunities in your area, and take a pledge to serve and be involved, not just today, but throughout the year. Explore resources to promote the day as well as toolkits. If you have an organization that has volunteer projects you can register the organization. Lesson planscan also be used to teach children about the day. Besides being actively involved on the day, there are numerous ways the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. can be reflected upon:
SU News

011418_Caton_Keith_courtesy4.jpg

Syracuse names Keith Caton assistant strength and conditioning coach (DO; McCleary)

Keith Caton has been named assistant strength and conditioning coach for Syracuse football, SU Athletics announced Sunday evening.

Caton fills the vacant coaching slot left by the departure of Jeff Sobol, who left SU for Kent State just a year after being brought on by Dino Babers’ staff from Bowling Green. Caton comes to the Orange from Indiana where he served as the director of athletic performance for football from 2016-17.

He has held a position in college football for the past 19 years, with past stops at Western Kentucky, Missouri, Elon, Auburn, Southern Miss and, before landing with the Hoosiers, Baylor, where he served as the director of football for athletic performance from 2012-15.

Biggest winners and losers from ACC expansion (tigernet.com)

Gosmitty’s post got me thinking. GT has lost a lot in the wake of ACC expansion. Leading up to the expansion, they were a perennial contender in all three of the “major” sports. They lost their biggest conference rivalry, and saw better competitors added in all 3 sports. They would get my biggest loser (no offense intended with the term) award.

Other losers:
Maryland - chased from the conference, now an afterthought in the BIG
NCSU - same situation as GT and Maryland
Miami - went from lead dog in Big East football to also ran in ACC
VT - same as Miami, but to lesser degree

Winners:
FSU - independent to major conference
Clemson - More football credibility brought to conference
Louisville - better competition in all three major sports
Syracuse - better competition in Hoops

Others and conference overall:
Rising tide lifts all boats
Great basketball conference got better
Good football conference got better
Good baseball conference got better
Better competition in all sports has improved almost all programs

Thoughts, comments?

Other

hqdefault.jpg

Looks like Upstate NY is coldest place in US for second Sunday in a row (PS; Coin)

It looks like Upstate New York is the coldest place in the continental U.S. for the second Sunday in a row.

An automated weather station in Philadelphia, a Jefferson County town about 20 miles southeast of Alexandria Bay, recorded 34 below zero about 6 a.m.

As of noon, the National Weather Service's official list of high and low temperatures says that the coldest place was Hibbing/Chisholm, Minnesota, at 32 below.

Biggest winners and losers from ACC expansion (tigernet.com)

Gosmitty’s post got me thinking. GT has lost a lot in the wake of ACC expansion. Leading up to the expansion, they were a perennial contender in all three of the “major” sports. They lost their biggest conference rivalry, and saw better competitors added in all 3 sports. They would get my biggest loser (no offense intended with the term) award.

Other losers:
Maryland - chased from the conference, now an afterthought in the BIG
Miami - went from lead dog in Big East football to also ran in ACC
VT - same as Miami, but to lesser degree

Winners:
FSU - independent to major conference
Clemson - More football credibility brought to conference
Louisville - better competition in all three major sports
Syracuse - better competition in Hoops

Others and conference overall:
Rising tide lifts all boats
Great basketball conference got better
Good football conference got better
Good baseball conference got better
Better competition in all sports has improved almost all programs

Thoughts, comments?
There's a whole lot of stupid questionable opinions in that thread. As far as I'm concerned, SU is a winner (I am sure this will turn this thread into a shouting match over whether or not we are, but
upload_2018-1-15_8-12-18.gif
).
  • SU has better competition only in hoops, but L'ville in all three sports???? Guess we dropped football.
  • Pitt is a winner, but SU is a loser?
  • Maryland - chased from the conference, now an afterthought in the BIG
    - We chased GT and NC St from the conference?
  • Cuse I would agree with. They had good years in football in the big east and basketball has stayed about the same maybe gone down some. Idk much about their baseball team.
:rolleyes:

There's a whole lot of stupid questionable opinions in that thread. As far as I'm concerned, SU is a winner (I am sure this will turn this thread into a shouting match over whether or not we are, but View attachment 119615 ).
  • SU has better competition only in hoops, but L'ville in all three sports???? Guess we dropped football.
  • Pitt is a winner, but SU is a loser?
  • Maryland - chased from the conference, now an afterthought in the BIG
    - We chased GT and NC St from the conference?
  • Cuse I would agree with. They had good years in football in the big east and basketball has stayed about the same maybe gone down some. Idk much about their baseball team.
:rolleyes:

We're now lifting posts from Clemson fan boards?

That's like the Waffle House Index for conference expansion.

Just wait until the ACC adds UMass. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom