Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
NKOTB-flowchart-2.jpg

Welcome to New Kids on the Block Day!

Today we celebrate the boy band New Kids on the Block, one of the most successful groups of the late 1980s. They set the template for future boy bands, such as the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, and One Direction. The day was declared by Massachusetts governor Michael Dukakis on April 24, 1989.

Maurice Starr, who had previously helped the R&B group New Edition achieve success, started a talent search in Boston with hopes of forming another group. He brought together Donnie Wahlberg, brothers Jordan and Jon Knight, Danny Wood, and Joey McIntyre. After originally being called Nynuk, they became New Kids on the Block. Starr held many roles with the group, being their manager and producer, as well as choreographer and chief songwriter.

SU News

ORANGEMEN RECRUITING (@CuseRecruiting) | Twitter

I had a FANTASTIC time at Syracuse University this past weekend I was able to check out all the facilities but mostly importantly I was able to see where I could possibly attend school for the next 2-5 years of my life #OITNF & #OrangeNation!

Syracuse Football: Eric Dungey can break passing records if he stays healthy in 2018 (saturdayblitz.com; Miller)

A sleeper to really make some noise in the ACC in 2018 is Syracuse football quarterback Eric Dungey, if his health holds up.

Syracuse football had some very significant moments in 2017, making head coach Dino Babers a hot commodity on the coaching market for the early portion of the regular season. An attention commanding upset of the 2016 National Champion Clemson Tigers made the Orange a known sleeper in the ACC for the rest of the year.

However, things didn’t go too well for Babers or Syracuse for the rest of the season, winding up with four wins total. And, it was the second consecutive year that Babers led his squad to just four wins. He could find himself on the hot seat if the Orange aren’t able to improve this year.

One key to Syracuse finding their way in 2018 is the health of rising senior quarterback Eric Dungey. Once again, Dungey missed some action in 2017. That made way for Zack Mahoney and Rex Culpepper to get some playing time last season.

Even with some missed game time, Dungey still accumulated nearly 2,500 passing yards and 14 touchdowns. He also added another nine touchdowns on the ground. Considering Syracuse lost eight games last season, Dungey’s stat line is pretty impressive altogether.

Syracuse Football: #MockDraftMonday revealing full 1st round of NFL Draft (itlh.com; Esden Jr)

Here’s a full 1st round mock draft (2018 NFL Draft). Plus an update on several Syracuse football prospects on a #MockDraftMonday.

It’s officially NFL Draft week! So on a final #MockDraftMonday we decided to reveal our final first round mock draft plus give some updates to the Syracuse football prospects in this draft.

So no shock here, but no Syracuse football player will hear their name called in the first round. The last player to hear his name called was Justin Pugh back in 2013. Since it has been slim pickings. I mean you could say that for the last 15 years.

Although we’ll talk about it later, I truly believe we could hear multiple Syracuse football players get their name called by the end of the 2018 NFL Draft for the first time since 2014 (Jay Bromley third round, Marquis Spruill).

Now it’s time for the last #MockDraftMonday:
HERE IS MY FINAL #MOCKDRAFTMONDAY! LOCK IT IN! I changed a lot of things and we'll be discussing it on 'Drive Time Sports' on @TheScore1260. My competition vs my producer (@ozmcgee44) for FREE LUNCH IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! #NFLDraft #Jets #BillsMafia #Giants pic.twitter.com/jeAvTk1OAf

— Paul Andrew Esden Jr (@BoyGreen25) April 23, 2018

Syracuse Football: Dwight Freeney calls it a career with Indianapolis Colts (itlh.com; Esden Jr)

Former Syracuse football legend Dwight Freeney made it official signing a one-day contract to retire with the Indianapolis Colts.
You could see the impact that Dwight Freeney had simply by scrolling through his Twitter timeline. There were a lot of congratulations for the former Syracuse football star Freeney who signed a one-day contract to retire as a member of the Indianapolis Colts.

Former players saying thanks grandpa, I thought you’d never retire. Where Freeney responds jokingly, him either. He played 16 years in the pros and while he hadn’t had a double digit sack since 2010, he still was effective.

Over the last five years of his career, he played for a different team each season. Freeney did whatever he could to prolong his career. But it was finally time to come on home. It’s not only the end of an era with the Colts, it was an end of the era for Syracuse Football in the pros.

Other

food-deadline-steak-fajitas-de25cc2f3303d16a.jpg

Texas man stole $1.2M of fajitas over 9 years, gets sentenced to 50 years in prison (PS; AP)

A Texas man has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for stealing $1.2 million worth of fajitas over nine years.

Fifty-three-year-old Gilberto Escamilla was sentenced Friday after pleading guilty to theft by a public servant. The Brownsville Herald reports he told the court the fajita scheme spun out of control.

Escamilla had been intercepting fajitas that he ordered through the Cameron County juvenile center where he worked and delivering them to his own customers.
His scam was uncovered when he missed work for a medical appointment and an 800-pound (360-kilogram) fajita delivery arrived at the center, which doesn't serve fajitas.

Escamilla was fired in August and arrested after authorities checked vendor invoices and obtained a search warrant that uncovered county-funded fajitas in his refrigerator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom