For Gods sake WE ARE SU | Syracusefan.com

For Gods sake WE ARE SU

kcsu

Living Legend
Jim can coach as well as any coach in the game. There is no debate he is an amazing coach. JB needs to treat his staff with the same toughness he treats his players. No more excuses on the recruiting front. Sanctions or not we have sucked. I keep hearing that Gmac is going to be our next head coach. Why? Because hes from Scranton and can shoot. At this point he hasnt closed one recruit against strong competition.
WE ARE SYRACUSE. If this staff doesn't land a top 20 class for 19 they never will. He needs to shake these guys up.

Jim can coach as well as any coach in the game. There is no debate he is an amazing coach. JB needs to treat his staff with the same toughness he treats his players. No more excuses on the recruiting front. Sanctions or not we have sucked. I keep hearing that Gmac is going to be our next head coach. Why? Because hes from Scranton and can shoot. At this point he hasnt closed one recruit against strong competition.
WE ARE SYRACUSE. If this staff doesn't land a top 20 class for 19 they never will. He needs to shake these guys up.
How many different threads are you going to start tonight before everyone puts you on ignore?

I almost can't believe I'm typing this to you but, IMO, your expectations are actually a little low here. We're a program that should be regularly bringing in Top 10-15 classes with a 15-25 class being our occasional "down year". I think that's a fair, reasonable expectation going forward without sanctions.

I almost can't believe I'm typing this to you but, IMO, your expectations are actually a little low here. We're a program that should be regularly bringing in Top 10-15 classes with a 15-25 class being our occasional "down year". I think that's a fair, reasonable expectation going forward without sanctions.
I agree and that has been my biggest complaint. We are Syracuse. Troy Weaver understood that.

No, we are Syracuse. I don’t know who the hell you think you are.

What’s disappointing is one of my Maryland buddies has even noticed and said “That’s how you guys play now” re: offense. “It didn’t used to be that way.” We were talking about this debacle and I was mentioning how disappointing it was since Bazely would’ve been a key cog IMO in the potential transition game coming back. Assuming Boeheim hasn’t permanently put the kibosh on it in order to slow down and grind out games that is.

Last edited:
What’s disappointing is one of my Maryland buddies has even noticed and said “That’s how you guys play now” re: offense. “It didn’t used to be that way.” We were talking about this debacle and I was mentioning how disappointing it was since Bazely would’ve been a key cog IMO in the potential transition game coming back. Assuming Boeheim hasn’t permanently put the kibosh on it in order to slow down and grind out games that is.
Did your buddy notice we beat Maryland this year? Did you?

As I’ve said before, if this were football, most people would be fine with a strong defensive team. Is your buddy a Ravens fan?

As I’ve said before, if this were football, most people would be fine with a strong defensive team. Is your buddy a Ravens fan?

I get your point but this plodding along business is not the Syracuse basketball I grew up watching. Our product is hard to watch regardless of the recent Tourney stuff. Yeah, yeah, call me a hater, lol.

No, we are Syracuse. I don’t know who the hell you think you are.
A fan since the 60's a player recruited by JB, an individual that received a letter from JB when my wife died a family that has supported and bled orange since the 30's thats who i am. How about you?

A fan since the 60's a player recruited by JB, an individual that received a letter from JB when my wife died a family that has supported and bled orange since the 30's thats who i am. How about you?
Does JB know you’re stabbing him in the back in return?

Are you worried at all about our program?

You can't take our recent Final 4 and Sweet 16 out of the equation bc they happened (although Sweet 16's should be pretty regular for us) but recruiting is down, roster turnover is up and we've been wildly mediocre since joining the ACC. Our HC isn't K or Roy and can be negatively recruited against as only having a few years left before he retires.

It seemed the Ultra Pro-JB crowd was telling us all to chill and let next season play out. Well, it's certainly off to a rocky start...

Does JB know you’re stabbing him in the back in return?
Im not stabbing JB in the back. I am however critical of three things.
1: He was never mean spirited towards players tough yes but never mean spirited. The public comments he has made have served no purpose and have in my opinion diminished who he is, damaged his reputation and that of the program he has built, and in the process provided ammunition for rivals to use in recruiting.
2: Recruiting. Granted sanctions have hurt but so has our lack of effort. JB needs to either take the lead and or shake up the staff as we are consistently ending up the bridesmaid.
3: Hop. Yes its in the rear mirror but anyone close to the program realizes what happened. Jim had a major issue with the Chancellor dictating his retirement date and put Mike in an untenable position and with it our program.
Jim is a great coach and person but like all of us has faults. I hope that he ends his reign on a high note and leaves the program he loves and has built in position to thrive.

We aren’t Missouri we are Syracuse.
A sweet 16 is nice but nothing to savor.

We have issues the OP’s post right above this post is right on the money.
Though booting Izzo and Pepe Le TCPew was delicious, i agree

We aren’t Missouri we are Syracuse.
A sweet 16 is nice but nothing to savor.

We have issues the OP’s post right above this post is right on the money.
I'm far more bullish on Jimmy than you guys, but I'll openly agree that a Sweet Sixteen birth is our Mendoza line. Anything less is a failure, and anything more is a success.

The above said, Jimmy's recent slump is driven by BS sanctions, unavoidable turnover of the best assistants in America (Bernie and then Hop), and bad luck (this off season). The guy can still coach, and the guy can still recruit.

He will right the ship, which, despite being below expectations/our standards, is honestly not in a bad place as is.

I'm far more bullish on Jimmy than you guys, but I'll openly agree that a Sweet Sixteen birth is our Mendoza line. Anything less is a failure, and anything more is a success.

The above said, Jimmy's recent slump is driven by BS sanctions, unavoidable turnover of the best assistants in America (Bernie and then Hop), and bad luck (this off season). The guy can still coach, and the guy can still recruit.

He will right the ship, which, despite being below expectations/our standards, is honestly not in a bad place as is.

The sanctions are about over. All the coaches could be on the road for the past year. We currently have 4 open scholarships. We need to sign like 7 players for 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom