For Jim Boeheim appreciation night | Syracusefan.com

For Jim Boeheim appreciation night

will the court be in the middle of the Dome?
That might be everyone’s first question but I think the luster for this event will have worn off a bit because he’s no longer the active coach. I think this needed to be planned and announced for Wake if they were going to drum the level of demand for a special court arrangement.

They would have to announce that in advance of season tickets going on sale so people understand what they are buying.

Don't rush it. Let's get good again first. Hate all these jersey hangings and celebrations and whatnot, only to get beat on the court / field.
Yup...nothing sez we have to do it 2023-24. Jim turns 80 Nov 2024...maybe it could be around then?

Regardless of how things went the last few years, Jim deserves a stand-alone day at the Dome. Not at a game but just a day for him and all the good times through the years.
Couldn’t agree more. Trying to cram something in at halftime or pregame when people are moving around and arriving does not fit the importance of the honoree to the program, school and community.

Couldn’t agree more. Trying to cram something in at halftime or pregame when people are moving around and arriving does not fit the importance of the honoree to the program, school and community.
How about a double header and the presentation right before SU plays?

Bring back the Carrier Classic with the teams from the first year?

What sort of ceremony are you envisioning? I think the right way is to have a banquet the night before for a few thousand where he is feted and then a halftime ceremony at a game. A standalone event just isn't going to get the big crowd.

How about a double header and the presentation right before SU plays?

Bring back the Carrier Classic with the teams from the first year?
That's an idea, but would really like it to be about Jim.
He might like that idea.

What sort of ceremony are you envisioning? I think the right way is to have a banquet the night before for a few thousand where he is feted and then a halftime ceremony at a game. A standalone event just isn't going to get the big crowd.
I was thinking something like the 2003 championship celebration that was held in the Dome after the team returned from New Orleans. Videos, guest speakers, maybe even an alumni scrimmage.
But something like what was just done for the 2003 team and more like you are proposing sounds very good too. A Friday night celebration followed by recognition at a game.

Would be nice to get Nova or Georgetown back in the dome and have an honorary old big east Jim Boeheim night where Rick, TC, etc etc whoever can come show face and honor the legacy of Boeheim.

Saint Johns and Uconn wouldnt move the needle as much

Schedule it to where atleast most every one of his former players and coaches can attend. Center of the dome. Pack it out, ticket money goes to Jim Boeheim foundation.
Guest speakers from the Big East days, prominent alumni, etc.

Give him the farewell/honor he deserves. There will never be another one like JB.

Schedule it to where atleast most every one of his former players and coaches can attend. Center of the dome. Pack it out, ticket money goes to Jim Boeheim foundation.

Give him the farewell/honor he deserves. There will never be another one like JB.
If you are going to have a doubleheader, you have Georgetown, Syracuse, St Johns, and Villanova with a big presentation of former players from all those schools.
Play it up big.

No matter what else they do, they should make sure the NCAA gives him back his wins and we announce it that day and hoist his true all time wins number to the rafters.

Regardless of how things went the last few years, Jim deserves a stand-alone day at the Dome. Not at a game but just a day for him and all the good times through the years.
I believe this is exactly what you will get.

Yes yes 1000x times.

I completely agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom