For once, some positivity with respect to Carmelo Anthony | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For once, some positivity with respect to Carmelo Anthony

And this is a separate but still related thing...the single minded fixation on “rings” with no regard for the context in which they were won(or not won)is one of the dumber things that too many basketball fans do when rating how good a player was.
I agree that he is a lock, but I think with Melo, the fixation hasn't been that he has no rings. It's that he's had such little team success at all.

I agree that he is a lock, but I think with Melo, the fixation hasn't been that he has no rings. It's that he's had such little team success at all.

Kinda. Only 1 deep playoff run, and a ton of first round exits. So only played on one legit contender.

But at the same time, he made the playoffs the first 10 years of his career. The Nuggets making the playoffs every single season and going to a WCF was not the norm for that franchise. And sadly for the Knicks, making the playoffs a few years in a row and actually winning a series is the best they’ve done since the 90s.

Why don't players like CP3 get knocked for not winning only Melo? He finally made it to the conference finals. He has a terrible playoff resume even when the Clippers were stacked with more talent than Melo ever had on any team outside of OKC after Melo was on the downside of his career. Nothing is ever made of the losing CP3 had done.

Why don't players like CP3 get knocked for not winning only Melo? He finally made it to the conference finals. He has a terrible playoff resume even when the Clippers were stacked with more talent than Melo ever had on any team outside of OKC after Melo was on the downside of his career. Nothing is ever made of the losing CP3 had done.

not sure where u get this. he doesnt take as much crap as melo but CP3 gets bashed quite a bit for not winning in the playoffs.

He's an SU guy. of course there will be a controversy.

not sure where u get this. he doesnt take as much crap as melo but CP3 gets bashed quite a bit for not winning in the playoffs.

He does. Also unfair IMO. The guy has generally played great in the playoffs. Injuries have hampered him and others when he was a Clipper.

One year he had a couple huge turnovers late in a game that cost them, so h kinda deserved it that year. But on the whole? The guy has more than done his part.

I read this article last Friday and was pre-mad before I hit the link and then pleasantly surprised. I will be honest though every guy that said he was a lock I was going on the next person waiting for some stupid take. Like Like Winn having a graph that somehow shows Carmelo isn't good at basketball based on some advanced metric.