For such a struggling PG Joseph sure has a lot of assists. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For such a struggling PG Joseph sure has a lot of assists.

I'm not denying KJ's ability to get assists. But it isn't as simple as looking at the box scores. KJ was responsible for at least 3 or 4 turnovers by others due to poor passing, or not moving to the open spot. The box score doesn't tell that story, but it certainly happened.

He was ultimately responsible for at least 4-6 team turnovers, and that will not make for a successful team outcome. He will get better, and at some point, he is going to be a really good pg, but he still has quite a ways to go. Many are complaining about a lack of PT for BJ & Buss, but JB is force feeding KJ minutes, in the hopes that he "gets it" this year.

Here's hoping he "gets it" before the ACC tournament.

Antiprodigy said:
I'm not denying KJ's ability to get assists. But it isn't as simple as looking at the box scores. KJ was responsible for at least 3 or 4 turnovers by others due to poor passing, or not moving to the open spot. The box score doesn't tell that story, but it certainly happened. He was ultimately responsible for at least 4-6 team turnovers, and that will not make for a successful team outcome. He will get better, and at some point, he is going to be a really good pg, but he still has quite a ways to go. Many are complaining about a lack of PT for BJ & Buss, but JB is force feeding KJ minutes, in the hopes that he "gets it" this year. Here's hoping he "gets it" before the ACC tournament.

Because KJ has more upside at a position of need than the other two. I think BJ is going to be a very good 3 for us - but we don't need him like we need a great PG. Buss is going to be a very pesky defensive reserve who knocks down some shots.

If we were investing in a player - I'd be pushing almost all my chips onto KJ, compared to the other two. Easy.

I'm not denying KJ's ability to get assists. But it isn't as simple as looking at the box scores. KJ was responsible for at least 3 or 4 turnovers by others due to poor passing, or not moving to the open spot. The box score doesn't tell that story, but it certainly happened.

He was ultimately responsible for at least 4-6 team turnovers, and that will not make for a successful team outcome. He will get better, and at some point, he is going to be a really good pg, but he still has quite a ways to go. Many are complaining about a lack of PT for BJ & Buss, but JB is force feeding KJ minutes, in the hopes that he "gets it" this year.

Here's hoping he "gets it" before the ACC tournament.
Those are fair points. To me this falls in to the category of "stuff that's good to see anyway." I mean, box score wise, he's really not that bad, and in terms of assists, is pretty good. It doesn't mean he's a finished product, but I feel better knowing that some aspects of the stats are already there. A lot of teams have point guards that average 3 or 4 assists. We've got a guy that hasn't even really figured out how to play yet and is at 5.5. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom