For the ones whom complained about ACC move... | Syracusefan.com

For the ones whom complained about ACC move...

conference

• catholic 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • acc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gilardino

Starter
You all will miss the hoyas, uconn, the catholic 7 has butler now, waaaaaaa. R u serious, ask any uconn fan, hoya fan, who has it better now?

I will admit I am hoops before football, however we are sitting pretty bacuase of football. So hoop onlies, say thnak you to football. We are in a good place now. Rise up comrades, we are in a great place. Look forwrad to smu, hahahahhahahahahahhahahhaahah

I'd still rather be playing Georgetown and UConn than Carolina and Duke, and I'm never changing my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd still rather be playing Georgetown and UConn than Carolina and Duke, and I'm never changing my mind.

Really?

Really?

Yeah, really.

I've been down this road 1,000 times here. I'm tired of explaining my reasoning.

If the world was just basketball, I'd love to still have the Big East as we know it, and yes, I'd prefer to have our rivalry with Georgetown and UConn over Duke and UNC as well. You can't throw away the 80s, 90s, up until now in that factor.

That said, I'd much rather be playing Duke and UNC in basketball and Miami and Va Tech in football than Georgetown and UConn in basketball and UConn and Cincinnati in football. Its the right move, and I'm excited to see the new venues and schools. We'll have rivalries when we're good soon enough. Louisville wasn't in our conference in 2003, but I sure get amped up to play them now.

Eve
Yeah, really.

I've been down this road 1,000 times here. I'm tired of explaining my reasoning.

even if it meant fading into irrelevance? Would you rather SU become Seton Hall and play gtown UConn or SU stay top 5 team and play UNC duke?

I'm not thinking about conference realignment here. I'd just rather continue playing two longstanding, regional rivals than two great programs from Carolina.

Carolina/Duke would be great as OOC opponents, not as a replacement for great rivals like Georgetown and UConn.

Times change. I get it.

I'm not thinking about conference realignment here. I'd just rather continue playing two longstanding, regional than two great programs from Carolina.

Carolina/Duke would be great as OOC opponents, not as a replacement for great like Georgetown and UConn.

Times change. I get it.

Amen.

Times change.
Rivalries don't.

Duke and Carolina will never care more about us than they do each other.
Events may dictate that we form some new rivalry.
Maybe with Clemson over the color orange.
But will it match our eternal detestation for G-town...probably the second greatest rivalry in college basketball?

I know exactly what cuseguy means. I grew up during the rise of UConn. I hate Georgetown, but as part of the under-25 demographic, I hate UConn even more. They were the team that was our true challenger when I grew up. That's the same reason I hate Virginia Tech and West Virginia in football terms. It's easy to hate UNC and Duke for their band-wagon fans and media obsession, but I will never hate a team more than I hated that Emeka Okafor NC UConn team.

You all will miss the hoyas, uconn, the catholic 7 has butler now, waaaaaaa. R u serious, ask any uconn fan, hoya fan, who has it better now?

I will admit I am hoops before football, however we are sitting pretty bacuase of football. So hoop onlies, say thnak you to football. We are in a good place now. Rise up comrades, we are in a great place. Look forwrad to smu, hahahahhahahahahahhahahhaahah
I think you've completely missed the point and the sentiment of those who were resistant to the idea of the move to the ACC. You'd have to be a moron to not see that we're in a better position now than we'd be if we'd stayed with the remnants of the Big East. The nostalgic hope was that the conference as we knew it would somehow manage to hold together, preserving it's tradition and rivalries. Once the conferences demise was inevitable we undoubtedly made the right and necessary move. The regret being that the move was necessary at all.

are you 4 years old?

I'm not thinking about conference realignment here. I'd just rather continue playing two longstanding, regional than two great programs from Carolina.

Carolina/Duke would be great as OOC opponents, not as a replacement for great like Georgetown and UConn.

Times change. I get it.

Fair enough

Wait til they come to the Dome this winter. Place is gonna be nuts.

Yeah, really.

So don't explain. Just know that the rest of the world will be more excited about 'Cuse, Duke, UNC, Louisville, than they would be about Cuse, GTown, UConn, Louisville.

Lville going in really sealed the deal hoops wisr on the east coast IMO.

SU, Duke, UNC, Lville is a sick top 4 plus there are another hand full of teams with great hoops traditions that will benefit from the demise of the BE and the hype of those top 4

After JB gets a load of the new travel schedule, I'm inclined to think he will agree with you:). I don't think he'll hold up long on the new trek

It's like moving to a new house. You shed a tear over the memories when you leave the old one but see the possibilities when you arrive at the new one. And you remember why you moved.

As JB said, before the Big East our big rival was St. Bonaventure. Do we miss them? With the new exit fee rules, we are going to be in the ACC for the rest of our lives and the new rivalries will have a chance to build up to replace the old old ones, (I wish Maryland had stayed on board- that could have been a good one.)

That said, I hope Connecticut can someday be part of the ACC and that the conference will go North-South, thus re-creating the old Big East, to some extent, anyway. If Maryland had stayed and UCONN came in, we could have a Northern division of Boston College, Connecticut, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Louisville, Maryland and Virginia Tech. That would have been great, much more like the Big East than what the Big East will be.

After JB gets a load of the new travel schedule, I'm inclined to think he will agree with you:). I don't think he'll hold up long on the new trek
The travel within the ACC is just fine. Outside of the 2 Florida schools all the flights are less than 2 hours. All schools are in the eastern time zone. I'm sure JB would just love the travel in the new AAC to much further destinations like Houston, Dallas, Tulsa and New Orleans. All much longer trips in another time zone.

The travel within the ACC is just fine. Outside of the 2 Florida schools all the flights are less than 2 hours. All schools are in the eastern time zone. I'm sure JB would just love the travel in the new AAC to much further destinations like Houston, Dallas, Tulsa and New Orleans. All much longer trips in another time zone.

But we'd get to play in venues like this...

fogelman_empty.jpg

smu-basketball-1.jpg

2f031238fdf876e8229b7e7cacf31742359a412e.jpg-590x1000.png

So don't explain. Just know that the rest of the world will be more excited about 'Cuse, Duke, UNC, Louisville, than they would be about Cuse, GTown, UConn, Louisville.

Not everyone has to follow the company line.

I will miss Big East basketball, but I've been missing that for a long time anyway. My favorite era of Big East basketball died when we had to expand past 9 and kill the double round robin. I'm glad we're in the ACC because, longterm, it's better for both sports, and I'm looking forward to reviving some previous football rivalries.