For those of you driving West from RDU... | Syracusefan.com

For those of you driving West from RDU...

Louie&Bouie

Scout Team
Pull off the Burlington exit and go to Zack's (201 West Davis Street). One of the great hot-dog joints in this world. Get a couple of dogs (fully loaded) with fries. You won't be disappointed.

Used to live in Elon. And yes, I realize that there are plenty of great BBQ joints--just throwing it out there for anyone interested.

Pull off the Burlington exit and go to Zack's (201 West Davis Street). One of the great hot-dog joints in this world. Get a couple of dogs (fully loaded) with fries. You won't be disappointed.

Used to live in Elon. And yes, I realize that there are plenty of great BBQ joints--just throwing it out there for anyone interested.

This is great. Thanks.

Pretend you have never been to Greensboro and wanted to know some good places to get a bite. What other places would you go?

This is great. Thanks.

Pretend you have never been to Greensboro and wanted to know some good places to get a bite. What other places would you go?

Today might be the highlight of my life on this board--a reply from Tomcat, and a like from CTO...

For a more upscale dinner (Probably $20-25) per entree, try the Green Valley Grill. If they still have the fried oysters as an appetizer--I highly recommend them.

Natty Greens on South Elm has a great beer garden lunch atmosphere.

Darryl's Wood-Fired Grill has good barbecue. People used to rave about their roast beef, but I never order that when I'm out. There was another BBQ joint called Country BBQ that the locals used to rave about as well--lower end, but good.

And order hush puppies wherever you can find them--even if it's to split between the group as an appetizer. They are a NC staple--and quite good with ginger ale.

Zack's has been selling the same menu items since I was a kid...and Moses was in diapers.