For those of you who don’t believe in the Jim Boeheim slide rule slow down game..,, | Syracusefan.com

For those of you who don’t believe in the Jim Boeheim slide rule slow down game..,,

It took years to develop the slide rule but a fine slide rule it is.

He does this super fast probability math computing in his brain. He knows it backwards and forwards and always plays the odds. I am sure that almost feral computation ability is why he didn’t have a player guard the Gtown inbounder (is that the right term?) with 2.8 seconds left.

He does this super fast probability math computing in his brain. He knows it backwards and forwards and always plays the odds. I am sure that almost feral computation ability is why he didn’t have a player guard the Gtown inbounder (is that the right term?) with 2.8 seconds left.
Because the Georgetown player could run the baseline, partially negating the benefit of a in bounds defender. Or so I read.

Always knew he was really good in close games, but he is literally the best of coaches involved in 150 games or more decided by 5 points or less.

Glad someone did this research.

To be fair, Bill Self is better but has coached in what looks like to be 7 or so fewer close games (105 vs. 112 or so). Pretty damn awesome either way.

Great find and cool data. Surprising where K and Pitino fall. Roy Williams significantly better than both of them on this metric. Didn't find Tony Bennett with a quick scan. Anybody locate him?

Great find and cool data. Surprising where K and Pitino fall. Roy Williams significantly better than both of them on this metric. Didn't find Tony Bennett with a quick scan. Anybody locate him?
I think hes one of the two meshed names, right above the dotted red .500 line, and to the left of the 87.5 game line (above Kevin Willard & to the right of Nickelberry)

Always knew he was really good in close games, but he is literally the best of coaches involved in 150 games or more decided by 5 points or less.

Just continues to show how disrespected this man is by not only the masses but his own kind. Can’t believe the criticism he takes on this board. Maybe this will shut people up for a while. Or at least until we score 60 and win..again.

awesome find and impossible to argue with the results. In Jimmy we trust!

“Impossible to argue with...(anything)” man how long you been around these parts?
ha ha very true. I was going to put "although I know some will" in the message

Cuse!

The only thing surprising about this is that his name isn’t higher and further to the right.

Reactions: cto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom