For those who blame | Syracusefan.com

For those who blame

K

kingottoiii

Nassib, or Bailey, the WRs, or the OL answer me this question...

Why was this O able to move the ball so well the 2nd half of the Wake game and the USC game (the most talented teams we played this year), but has struggled so much the rest of the time? And what was the only difference?

emotion... or lack of at times.

the players seem to get it at times,but the staff,well...

Um no. The play calling was much much different. We spread both those teams out and opened things up. We call the O the way we did those games everybody would be happy right now. For whatever reason the staff went into a "we need to pound the ball this is the 2010 SU team" mode starting with Toledo.

Why was this O able to move the ball so well the 2nd half of the Wake game and the USC game (the most talented teams we played this year), but has struggled so much the rest of the time? And what was the only difference?

The 2nd half of the Wake game was our best football up to this point, but I'll still argue that we lose that game going away if the Wake QB doesn't get hurt--I know, part of the game but whatever. In regards to the SC game, when you're up by so much you tend to play a prevent D, which obviously allows opponents offense to move the ball a little easier.

Seems like Marrone and staff go into a shell in close games, they play not to lose rather than to win.

i'm going to say it again where is that offense we had ve usc. Granted we scored 17,but we opened it up and Nassib looked content and confident. I think I saw Bailey line up twice as a WR and got 4 WRS on the field. This is who we should be this year, we have a few decent WRs, nothing flashy but they are all good at getting open for 7 yards. The one postive is graham becomes someone we try and get 5-7 touches a game to see what he can do.

P.S. Kobena is FASSSTTTTTT

Agree Otto, Marrone and can't Hackett are NFL boobs.. Scared of their own shadows, scared of making a mistake. Bring in leach, get it done. Marrone can't handle the stress anyway

it's time to reevaluate how well they moved that ball against USC after seeing what both arizona teams did to them. they may be talented but their defense isn't special

we had 331 yards against them. let's not get too excited about that game

I don't want to get hammered ever again for saying people wanted Marrone out and someone else in and that they were being silly, and then many posters telling me (including at least one admin) that no one said that.
Oh Lord

I don't want to get hammered ever again for saying people wanted Marrone out and someone else in and that they were being silly, and then many posters telling me (including at least one admin) that no one said that.
Oh Lord

When I asked you that question, you were unable to find one post. And you didn't get "hammered". I asked where were the posts because I couldn't find any. And as to this thread, if you are going to point to IB's post, keep in mind that tomorrow he will be calling Marrone a genius. He is the board's "Cybil.

I think we are much better when we go to the spread and run the no huddle. I would like to see a lot more of this. I think for the O to click, they need to just play and not think about it. The thing that seems to hurt us the most is when the tempo is slowed down. The Rutgers game was a joke due to commercial and officals. I think this really hurt our tempo. In saturdays game, it looked like an absolute snooze fest. It almost seemed like the Rochester scrimmage.

And you didn't get "hammered". I asked where were the posts because I couldn't find any.
You didn't hammer me. I didn't say you did. Others did though. At least it felt like hammering. Sniff. ;)

And as to this thread, if you are going to point to IB's post, keep in mind that tomorrow he will be calling Marrone a genius. He is the board's "Cybil.

lol. In old age, the short term memory is the first to go.

We need to fire Marrone. Plain and simple. This losing has got to stop somewhere, we can't keep going on this downward spiral. I thought we were going to improve by getting rid of GRob but we're in the exact same position. To think that the staff has taken all of the talent that we have and completely dumbed them down is incredible.

They took Macky and made him too short and a D-3 - H.S. level player. The players drop the ball because the staff has no emotion on the sideline. AAM was ripped and ran a sub 4.3 and now he is a fat slob. We have defensive players pushing cars up hills instead of learning the plays and practicing. This staff has ruined the business spirit of Marinovich. They kicked Sales off the team for something his brother did. They've taught Hayes and Sharpe to get personal fouls every game.

If we end up in the Pinstripe Bowl again this year we need to march on the dome like those anti-american protesters down in NYC. There is nothing American about those protesters... until they start tar and feathering people then we'll know they aren't dirty commies.

I realize it's much more complicated than this, but Nassib looked like a completely different person in the second half against Wake. He looked locked in, confident and showed real leadership. In most of his 18 starts imo he's looked way too uptight to lead including the first half against Wake.

please learn the game...as stated the offense opened up! thats what i have been saying for weeks, we play reactive offense, dont get aggressive until down by 2+ scores and its dumb! in those games the play calling became unpredictable and we moved it. we have enough talent...this is strictly on the coaches...end of story

Agree Otto, Marrone and can't Hackett are NFL boobs.. Scared of their own shadows, scared of making a mistake. Bring in leach, get it done. Marrone can't handle the stress anyway

Leach is not a Syracuse-type coach. No Freaking Way. It would be a cultural misfit.

It's not just an epidemic, it's the whine sensation that's sweeping the nation!

I don't understand anyone bitching about Marrone. He took a program that won 10 games in four years, one with subpar talent and a tough place to start from recruiting-wise, and he's won 12 of his last 19 games, including six straight on the road and a bowl game. I know that's not the best record ever, but who on this board wouldn't have taken that only a few years ago?

Leach is not a Syracuse-type coach. No Freaking Way. It would be a cultural misfit.

As bees said, most know that I am just being a pain the ass but think you are wrong about leach, I think he is a bit of nomad and can fit in anywhere. In addition, the guy puts tremendous emphasis on academics. Like I said, he will never coach here nor is Marrone going anywhere but whoever hires him will be happy to do so.

Marrone would be smart to go out and hire one of his disciples though.. Mike mangino or somebody like that.

For whatever reason the staff went into a "we need to pound the ball this is the 2010 SU team" mode starting with Toledo.
This is the problem I have with it too.Quit trying to make this years team something it isn't.

As bees said, most know that I am just being a pain the ass but think you are wrong about leach, I think he is a bit of nomad and can fit in anywhere. In addition, the guy puts tremendous emphasis on academics. Like I said, he will never coach here nor is Marrone going anywhere but whoever hires him will be happy to do so.

Marrone would be smart to go out and hire one of his disciples though.. Mike mangino or somebody like that.

I agree he is a great coach and very much a leader. But having a bit more insight on him off the field - nothing bad or unethical mind you - I just know he's not built for Syracuse. He's best used in the South where football is really worshipped, but yes, he's having troubles just getting looks which is surprising.

As bees said, most know that I am just being a pain the ass but think you are wrong about leach, I think he is a bit of nomad and can fit in anywhere. In addition, the guy puts tremendous emphasis on academics. .

I think I'm with Mad on this one, but more than Leach would never come here to try to fit in. Since the TT exit, he's been living in Key West, rides a bike everywhere he goes, does his radio show from home. I'm sure he wants to coach again, but he really likes his life down there.

I picture him weighing the pros and cons of a Syracuse job. Pros: Play in a Dome, play in a big boy conference. Cons: Everything else.

Not that we would be firing Marrone and look for Leach at anytime, just weighing in where it seems Leach would like to be. I'm guessing somewhere warm. Had to want that Miami job so badly.

It's not just an epidemic, it's the whine sensation that's sweeping the nation!

I don't understand anyone bitching about Marrone. He took a program that won 10 games in four years, one with subpar talent and a tough place to start from recruiting-wise, and he's won 12 of his last 19 games, including six straight on the road and a bowl game. I know that's not the best record ever, but who on this board wouldn't have taken that only a few years ago?

There are two issues here. Marrone the HC and Marrone the OC. As a HC he has done a good job. I don't see how anyone can argue. However as an OC he has been a failure to this point. If not for the D carrying this team, our record would be much much worse. It is time for the O to start carrying its weight.

Leach really, really tried to get a meeting with Florida. Nada.

If I had to guess, I would bet Leach's comeback is at a Kentucky level in the scheme of things; underperforming school surrounded by big-time opponents.

There are two issues here. Marrone the HC and Marrone the OC. As a HC he has done a good job. I don't see how anyone can argue. However as an OC he has been a failure to this point. If not for the D carrying this team, our record would be much much worse. It is time for the O to start carrying its weight.

I think most people would agree with this. This board is great when people can rationally and intelligently discuss as well as disagree with "why isn't our offense not performing". I think there are a few people that go above and beyond at times which just makes the arguments become muddled and turn into other things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom