For those who blame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For those who blame

The offense underperforming, though, has to be based at least in large part on the fact that we've been unable to bring in any real playmakers since Mike Williams. I think someone like Jarrod West has the ability to develop into a playmaker, but right now we just don't have any. I don't know if I can really blame the coaches and a lack of bringing in playmakers right now, because it's tough to recruit to a school that's been entrenched in futility for so long, with below average facilities.

The offense underperforming, though, has to be based at least in large part on the fact that we've been unable to bring in any real playmakers since Mike Williams. I think someone like Jarrod West has the ability to develop into a playmaker, but right now we just don't have any. I don't know if I can really blame the coaches and a lack of bringing in playmakers right now, because it's tough to recruit to a school that's been entrenched in futility for so long, with below average facilities.

When has SU ever gotten a bunch 4/5 star playmakers? We have always gotten 2/3 star playmakers. The fact that Marrone has had trouble finding these guys is a little concerning. He has done a great job getting overall depth. And that is a hard thing to do. There are a lot of mediocre and bad teams who struggle mightily to do this. But RBs and WRs slip through the cracks all the time. That is why you find good players on bad teams.

IMO the RB position is kinda scary. AAM better be the real deal because he is the only real RB we have. What is going on at WR? These guys look like solid players but none of them have shown "flashes" even in practice. Yes they are young but even young playmakers will show you a flash of that every now and then. Their issue is experience and learning the O. I look at our WRs and see more Lemons and Chews.

Leach really, really tried to get a meeting with Florida. Nada.

If I had to guess, I would bet Leach's comeback is at a Kentucky level in the scheme of things; underperforming school surrounded by big-time opponents.
Florida's new meathead in charge decided they needed to go more pro style. doesn't matter what they run, their minimum output is going to be ok, but their offense has taken a huge step back post meyer

but their offense has taken a huge step back post meyer
You probably mean "post-Tebow". Things weren't that great last year either.

You probably mean "post-Tebow". Things weren't that great last year either.
tewho? jk yeah that's a slight oversight but meyer had lots of success pre tebow. florida may have blew it selecting brantley but i think they'd be better off having a qb run around or going back to a simpler passing offense

Next year at RB we had definite's with PTG, Jerome, and AAM. We'll still have other players competing so I'm not worried about the RB position, personally.

At WR I think the fact that we don't have a stud is the difference right now. Look what Dorian did being the WR covered by CB's that are further down the depth chart. Lemon or Chew should be the ones matching up against other teams mediocre to bad CB's if we had a stud. We don't even have a WR at this point that a defense has to game plan for for the entire game. That changes a lot and effects everything else the offense faces and is able to run. Why is it so much harder to score in the redzone, teams are playing our offense like it's in the red-zone all game. A lot of that has to do with not having 1 stud at WR. IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom