For those who complain about SU facilities... | Syracusefan.com

For those who complain about SU facilities...

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
So, I was in Tucson this past weekend for the University of Arizona's family weekend. This included taking in the USC @ UA football game. It was my first visit to UofA. Some things of interest:
  1. Based on some ran down pre-game discussion, hoops is apparently more popular than football. Attendance was listed as 55k. Stadium has a capacity of 63,400.
  2. There is no IPF (summer camp must be a hoot at 100°+).
  3. Nice tailgate scene.
  4. The corridors along the concession stands & bathrooms are no wider, and possibly narrower, than that at the Dome.
  5. No in-stadium alcohol sales.
  6. Student seating is in the lower deck on one side of the stadium from endzone to endzone. Most students were AWOL in the second half as USC had a large lead.
  7. Men's bathroom offered urinals on one side, pee troughs (though not as efficient as at the Dome), on the other side. Presumably in each bathroom, but I only visited one.
  8. Although I sat on the side of the field that offered shade, the shade did not roll in until the 2nd half. It must've been a lot of fun on the other side. Our side of the stadium only had one (all) deck. I was in row 12. Our side was 90+% full.
#2 & #4 were interesting...

srfo.gif