For those who follow recruiting | Syracusefan.com

For those who follow recruiting

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
The first five games show the difference between four star recruits and two star - three star recruits

Four and Five star recruits are physically ready to contribute

2-3 star recruits are development players

We have a team full of kids who need development, and do not have the depth or physicality to compete with teams peppered with four and five star kids.

This is a process. If you cannot see the difference between this year and last year, I'm sorry.

I have seen enough to believe things will get better. Look at the size of the kids on Bowling Green last year ... They dwarfed us in terms of size and speed.

Look at the youth playing this year. And the reps they are getting. And look at the points we have left on the field this year. And look who we have played. Remember the SoS?

We have a three game stretch where we SHOULD be 2-1, bringing us to 4-4.

Heck maybe we steal the VT game and somehow get to 5-3. The point is, for all the sky is falling people, we are not as bad as some think ... We are not as good as some think ... We are who we are at this point in time.

We went 3-9 and 4-8 the last two years after FHCDM got us back to respectability. FHCSS was a good man. And things didn't work out for him as a HC. I see HCDB getting us 5-6 wins this year, and more next year.

Last year's staff would be 2--3 at this point too, maybe 1-4. The difference woukd be the scores would be 38-20 instead of 50-33.

Believe in the team.
Believe in the process.
Believe.

Go Orange!

Four wins would really be hard work for these kids. But cutting down some of the mistakes that cost us points today might totally get us to six wins this year.

The first five games show the difference between four star recruits and two star - three star recruits

Four and Five star recruits are physically ready to contribute

2-3 star recruits are development players

We have a team full of kids who need development, and do not have the depth or physicality to compete with teams peppered with four and five star kids.

This is a process. If you cannot see the difference between this year and last year, I'm sorry.

I have seen enough to believe things will get better. Look at the size of the kids on Bowling Green last year ... They dwarfed us in terms of size and speed.

Look at the youth playing this year. And the reps they are getting. And look at the points we have left on the field this year. And look who we have played. Remember the SoS?

We have a three game stretch where we SHOULD be 2-1, bringing us to 4-4.

Heck maybe we steal the VT game and somehow get to 5-3. The point is, for all the sky is falling people, we are not as bad as some think ... We are not as good as some think ... We are who we are at this point in time.

We went 3-9 and 4-8 the last two years after FHCDM got us back to respectability. FHCSS was a good man. And things didn't work out for him as a HC. I see HCDB getting us 5-6 wins this year, and more next year.

Last year's staff would be 2--3 at this point too, maybe 1-4. The difference woukd be the scores would be 38-20 instead of 50-33.

Believe in the team.
Believe in the process.
Believe.

Go Orange!

As noted last week, UConn is bigger than we are.

Marrone was right years ago - we need to get bigger and faster.

It's very clear

For those who follow recruiting...

I understand how we get better offensive recruits. Coach Babers and his system should take care or that

What I don't understand is how do we get better defensive recruits. I'm trying to think like a 17 or 18 year old. Why struggle here, when they can go other places?

I am all in on Coach Babers; and I do enjoy watching this team. Even though all three aspects of the game can be frustrating at times.

I understand how we get better offensive recruits. Coach Babers and his system should take care or that

What I don't understand is how do we get better defensive recruits. I'm trying to think like a 17 or 18 year old. Why struggle here, when they can go other places?

I am all in on Coach Babers; and I do enjoy watching this team. Even though all three aspects of the game can be frustrating at times.
When the offense is going full blast, like Baylor, and Oregon, you put up big numbers, you are on Sportscenter as a team, and all players want that association.

The beauty of it is, over time this system will yield elite offensive recruits, and if we have that we can get average defensive recruits, and with time to mature, the defense will be good too.

The beauty of it is, over time this system will yield elite offensive recruits, and if we have that we can get average defensive recruits, and with time to mature, the defense will be good too.
Clenson, Louisville, Florida St have great receivers, and great DB's to practice against each week. If you go against great players every day, you end up being drafted, so Dino's offense should bring better defensive players.

Yep and defensive recruits get a shot to play quickly here.

AND - with so many more plays and possessions for both teams due to our pace on O, the D players have a chance to rack up some impressive stats, even while the overall D may give up more yards and points than other teams.

we have 3 losses and we were a drive away from being in the game in the 4th all 3 games. if the offense ever has a complete game we can overcome at least one of those clinkers by the D. even the ND game , 2 xp, 2 missed FG and one we didn't kick that we probably would have had we scored the other points. thats makes it a one score game late. all 3 games we ended up chasing points to make up for other mistakes and the holes got bigger. the one game we settled down we still gave away points.

we need to get that figured out before it costs us another game.

With a quick strike offense, the defense takes the field often and can be in there for extra plays offering early playing time. Regardless, winning always helps recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom