For those who watched the SU-Duke game at C-NS ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For those who watched the SU-Duke game at C-NS ...

If you like outdoor games goto Hobart or any other away game the soccer stadium would be a mud bowl anyone remember 2003 semi at Ravens stadium ? That’s what it would be.The soccer stadium is barely dry enough for the girls to play on on Mother’s Day when they host the first round. 4700 in a high school stadium is great but there was over 7400 the last time SU played Duke in the dome

... like February early. That creates a significant weather risk: The Blizzard of '93 hit in mid-March.

Still, I'd love to see it happen.
Spring break

This...and build it with nice amenities and use it for soccer too. Also, HS Football could use it when possible.
Soccer needs a bigger stadium. Bleachers are always overflowing

This...and build it with nice amenities and use it for soccer too. Also, HS Football could use it when possible.
If they did this, I think the field would have to be field turf.

If they did this, I think the field would have to be field turf.

I do think that would pretty much be a non-starter for soccer.

Soccer purists on here may correct me, but if you're a soccer team playing on grass, you don't willingly change to field turf.

I do think that would pretty much be a non-starter for soccer.

Soccer purists on here may correct me, but if you're a soccer team playing on grass, you don't willingly change to field turf.
I know the U.S. women's national team is VERY much against games on field turf. They think it leads to more injuries. My daughter (who will play D-1 soccer next year) actually prefers field turf because the footing is better (which might be the cause of more knee injuries when cleats get stuck in the turf).

Playing home for extended stretch was positive but may have made adjusting take a half. CNS turf was slicker than Dome , saw a few slips on starts and stops and loose balls that carried quicker than use to. Background of snowbanks also took some time to adjust to and may have been early issue as Cuse never got to practice on home field. Yes, same conditions existed for Duke but we were home team that should have had inherent advantage of familiarity.

All is well that ends well and perhaps playing outside at CNS venue helps in some way for the next outside game at ND.

CNS did nice job accommodating and a tighter game throughout would have created more noise but still rather have had 7k reverberating at Carrier .

The idea of rotating to various hs is idealistic but does not seem in best interests of a program playing to win.

Expanding capacity of soccer field is interesting but seasons are different and turf would be needed for lax. Large attendance for soccer is below 2000 so extra capacity leaves seats and grass works for them in August-October season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom