For You Old Timers | Syracusefan.com

For You Old Timers

Longtimesu

Scout Team
I recently started a thread “Jimmy Bug Williams.”

In a way I was also curious as to how many old timers there were on this forum. Now from that thread I noticed that fortunately there are a bunch of us who are still around from that era. So I have a few questions.

Do you find yourself now making more trips too the bathroom, and always at the wrong times during the game. I do.

Does your wife keep screaming at you? “TURN DOWN THE VOLUME IT’S TOO LOUD. AND GET YOUR HEARING CHECKED!” My wife does.

I have a deal with my bladder - it can wake me up any time of the night if it doesn't spur a 'call to action' during a game until a media TO. ;)
Spot on. I wait until a time out, and then it's a damn 30 sec. one. I wish they would tell the viewing public how long the TO lasts, but I understand why they don't. Now, if I move the bathroom closer to the TV set...LOL

I always record the games and start watching them about 25 mins after they start. The reason I so this is to zip through the commercials. This requires quite a bit of discipline but is well worth it. I absolutely hate to wait through commercials during live action, especially if we start to play poorly. When I feel the "call of nature" the pause button is my best friend!

I have a new thing that I have been doing. I dvr the first hour of the game and catch up to the live game. Therefore, when I have to go, and I do a lot, I simply stop the game.

I have a new thing that I have been doing. I dvr the first hour of the game and catch up to the live game. Therefore, when I have to go, and I do a lot, I simply stop the game.
This thread is very enlightening. I didn't realize this is what I have to look forward to. Personally I get so hyped up that I would still watch it live but if mother nature called, I would just whip out one of these (in orange of course):
31J1-eqVVTL._QL70_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom