Forget it and move on | Syracusefan.com

Forget it and move on

The problem isn't what happened today. It really is a down trend for this team. We could very easily be on a four game losing streak.

I question how we are going to outscore ND. This has become a very bad offensive team. Until this team realizes that CJ has to touch the ball on every possession, they will continue to lose. WE are too much MCW and Triche.

I question how we are going to outscore ND. This has become a very bad offensive team. Until this team realizes that CJ has to touch the ball on every possession, they will continue to lose. WE are too much MCW and Triche.

Southerland was our best offensive finisher. We absolutely must have him back. MCW misses him the most.

100% agreed that Fair has to touch the ball every time, but so does Triche. If you don't think MCW and Triche should shoot as often, who should (assuming Southerland is out)? YOu want to give Grant 12 shots a game? Cooney? Rak?

lol how were the refs crap? we shot 1 less FT than them and that's including them getting 6 or so FTs at the end when we fouled on purpose. i'm so sick of that excuse for every game.

Doesn't mean it was called evenly both ways. Just means that they fouled us more than we fouled them. You could tell by watching the game. We didn't even attempt to play defense. We never really came in contact with Pittsburgh when they had the ball. They beat the crap out of us.

lol how were the refs crap? we shot 1 less FT than them and that's including them getting 6 or so FTs at the end when we fouled on purpose. i'm so sick of that excuse for every game.

I don't think they got any more calls than we did, but the refs failed to set the tone early and allowed for a slappy-go-lucky type of game. Just not fun to watch, even if we had won.

Southerland was our best offensive finisher. We absolutely must have him back. MCW misses him the most.

MCW was averaging 8.9 assists before this game...when was the last time he had even 9?

Pitt is never a good matchup but's no secret that other teams have figured out how to beat Syracuse. We might not even be favored over ND. I don't think any of us has the answer so hopefully the coaching staff can figure something out real quick.

I don't think they got any more calls than we did, but the refs failed to set the tone early and allowed for a slappy-go-lucky type of game. Just not fun to watch, even if we had won.
it's always like that vs pitt, we have to be prepared for that type of game.

Of course they need to shoot the ball, but they dominate the ball way too much for what they produce. It would be so easy to get our bigs some good looks, but we do nothing to screen for THEM. They should score by accident if they only got a couple of baseline to baseline screens. When was the last time we screened on the baseline to free up a big?

Regarding the offense, it just isn't a recipe for success really. Nobody can really create their own looks. We need penetration or screens to free up Fair, but we don't really run many screens for him, and even today, when we did, we ran them to the wrong side of the court, forcing him to attack with his non-existant right hand. I don't understand why Boeheim doesn't notice things like this.

But at the end of the day, MCW can create off the dribble. Triche can every once in a blue moon. That's the extent of it. The rest of the team is completely reliant on being left open or in Fair's case, being able to catch, make 1 dribble, and go up with it.

And we don't have any shooters. Even when Southerland comes back, he was shooting 36% in Big East play from the field and 25% from 3 point range. He's far too streaky to be counted on every game, and way, way, WAY too streaky to be our only shooter on the team.

It's not an excuse. They were crap on both ends of the floor. Terrible inconsistency. :bang:

Pitt is never a good matchup but's no secret that other teams have figured out how to beat Syracuse. We might not even be favored over ND. I don't think any of us has the answer so hopefully the coaching staff can figure something out real quick.

I'll have nightmares tonight of Cooley pulling down a zillion offensive boards.

Agree with you on that, but I just don't know how a team can prepare for something like that. Should they release a pack of wild dogs during practice?
It goes both ways. If you take away the fouls at the end where we were fouling on purpose, Pitt was called for more fouls than us.

Alright forgotten, playing Pitt is more of a football game than basketball so I don't take anything away from this game.

Agreed Bees. We'll do much better on Monday - Notre Dame does not play nearly the same kind of DE as Pitt and we're far better at home than on the road at Pitt. I feel good about Monday.

It's not an excuse. They were crap on both ends of the floor. Terrible inconsistency. :bang:
Not to mention the bad missed calls against both teams. Awful Oh Lord

They were crap. Its not an excuse for anything. A foul is a foul. Call it. Don't let the tone of the game be a certain way because one team plays the game like football. How do you prepare for a game where hip checks and pushes are allowed on drives to the basket? If you don't think they were crap I invite you to watch the first half over.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

They were crap. Its not an excuse for anything. A foul is a foul. Call it. Don't let the tone of the game be a certain way because one team plays the game like football. How do you prepare for a game where hip checks and pushes are allowed on drives to the basket? If you don't think they were crap I invite you to watch the first half over.

No worries, anyone with any basketball intelligence realizes that what Pitt plays is not basketball. As much as we should forget it and move on concerning the game, gotta do the same for the fans who love to back the referees blatant incompetence, it is what it is. I'd rather be a 2-4 seed and get the kinks worked out during the season.

You're a 100% right, but I'm glad the game was called as loose as it was. We could have had all seven scholarship players foul out otherwise. We know that there were a lot of Pitt fouls not called, but they would have called more on us as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom