Forget it and move on | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Forget it and move on

We played like crap, the refs were crap, the announcers were crap.

Bring on Notre Shame.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3
Yep. Pitt better enjoy this year, ACC officiats the game a wee but tighter.

it's always like that vs pitt, we have to be prepared for that type of game.

Yep, unfortunately, no matter how much things change...things just stay the same when it comes to Pitt and their usual 'out toughing' us...

Yes. Pitt build a team to win the big east, not march.

No doubt! They clearly don't get away with the same crap come tourney time, and a significant factor why they haven't gotten to a FF. That being said, I just can't stand it when we play them and see us time and time again just get outmuscled, outhustled, outtoughed, etc, etc. :bang:

They were crap. Its not an excuse for anything. A foul is a foul. Call it. Don't let the tone of the game be a certain way because one team plays the game like football. How do you prepare for a game where hip checks and pushes are allowed on drives to the basket? If you don't think they were crap I invite you to watch the first half over.

Bees...where ya been the last few decades? Its the big east... No crying allowed. Always been physical

Bees...where ya been the last few decades? Its the big east... No crying allowed. Always been physical

The BE is and has been physical. But Pitt takes it to another level especially inside.

Agree with you on that, but I just don't know how a team can prepare for something like that. Should they release a pack of wild dogs during practice?

Good post.

Just because we know the officials are always bad when we play Pittsburgh doesn't mean the refs didn't hurt us today.

They're hired by the league for a reason - to officiate the game. When they fail at that job, erring on the side of allowing heavy contact, it hurts Syracuse.

Bring on Notre Shame.

I thought the announcing team was pretty good.
By far, the best part of this game.

MCW was averaging 8.9 assists before this game...when was the last time he had even 9?

That 8.9 is extremely misleading. He padded the total early basically against the equivalent of the "Sisters of the Blind". Here are his 6 biggest assist games with the RPI of opponent:

Monmouth 16 (254)
Canisius 14 (115)
Colgate 13 (251)
Central Ct 13 (196)
East Mich 11 (210)
Wagner 11 (131)

In the 3 losses, he is averaging only 4 assists per game:

Temple 6
Nova 4
Pitt 2

Probably a better (more fair) barometer would be to look at his numbers in Big East play, where he is averaging exactly 6 per game (only double-digit game was against lowly Rutgirls with 10). In fact, if you back out the one pad game against the Big East "sister" Rutgers, MCW doesn't have a single game over 7 in any Big East games. (and the average drops to 5.4)

That 8.9 is extremely misleading. He padded the total early basically against basically the equivalent of the "Sisters of the Blind". Here are his 6 biggest assist games with the RPI of opponent:

Monmouth 16 (254)
Canisisus 14 (115)
Colgate 13 (251)
Central Ct 13 (196)
East Mich 11 (210)
Wagner 11 (131)

In the 3 losses, he is averaging only 4 assists per game:

Temple 6
Nova 4
Pitt 2

Probably a better (more fair) barometer would be to look at his numbers in Big East play, where he is averaging exactly 6 per game (only double-digit game was against lowly Rutgirls with 10). In fact, if you back out the one pad game against the Big East "sister" Rutgers, MCW doesn't have a single game over 7 in any Big East games.

Translation: If you take away all of his good games and leave all of his bad games, he's not playing well.

I thought the announcing team was pretty good.
By far, the best part of this game.

They could even call our players by their correct names.
bill-the-cat.jpg

Pitt is never a good matchup but's no secret that other teams have figured out how to beat Syracuse. We might not even be favored over ND. I don't think any of us has the answer so hopefully the coaching staff can figure something out real quick.

Wait, you're not being sarcastic & nobody responded to this? I'll lay you 1,000:1 we're favored.

You better hope Burr isn't assigned to Mondays game by the Big East.

Alright forgotten, playing Pitt is more of a football game than basketball so I don't take anything away from this game.

You still need to beat them, whether they play like linebackers or ballet dancers.
You took an "L" away from this game.

Bring on Notre Shame.

Your most worthless post ever. You are wrong about this not being a big deal. We can't score vs good defense.

Your most worthless post ever. You are wrong about this not being a big deal. We can't score vs good defense.

Louisville says hi

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Bring on Notre Shame.

Every game is like that now. Unless it's on the shot, you can pretty much foul anytime you want to on rebounds, loose balls and driving the lane. College basketball is getting to ugly to watch, to be honest, these last couple years. Unless it's Syracuse, I can barely watch most games.

it's always like that vs pitt, we have to be prepared for that type of game.
One nice thing about going to the ACC is there will be teams there that don't bring the guard with your chest mentality that so many teams in the Big East use. They challenge the refs to blow the whistle every time down the floor. These games are horrible and becoming more and more the norm...especially in the Big East. Cincy, Marq, Pitt, Villanova, Gtown, Louisville all play this way or at least have recently. It is more than just hard nosed defense, it is impede the progress of the dribbler by any means possible. These types of tactics used to be fouls. Wish Pitt was not going to ACC with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom